You have excelled at writing in English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimal Khan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]Are the following sentence grammatically correct?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]You have excelled at writing in English language; I loved the piece of writing you had lately posted on face book. It was beautifully written. However, it wasn't impressive at all due to disregarding the rules of rhetoric though the sentences were composed well, but it wasn't punctuated correctly, and there were few grammatical mistakes too. Like, I have had once in my English. Bear in mind that composition without proper punctuation and capitalization falls flat on the reader; you have to be particular about this because otherwise the reader struggles with your writing rather than enjoying it.[/FONT]

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, there are many mistakes, in addition to the logic. How can it be beautifully written and ignore any sense of rhetoric, which is not, by the way, the rules of punctuation. Your capitalization is okay.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are the following sentence grammatically correct?

You have excelled at writing in English language; I loved the piece of writing you had lately posted on face book. It was beautifully written. However, it wasn't impressive at all due to disregarding the rules of rhetoric though the sentences were composed well, but it wasn't punctuated correctly, and there were few grammatical mistakes too. Like, I have had once in my English. Bear in mind that composition without proper punctuation and capitalization falls flat on the reader; you have to be particular about this because otherwise the reader struggles with your writing rather than enjoying it.
No, What parts do you have questions about?

Aimal Khan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I agree with this, "How can it be beautifully written and ignore any sense of rhetoric, which is not, by the way, the rules of punctuation. Your capitalization is okay." However, I disagree with this one "There are many mistakes." Would you mind pointing out those mistakes?

Last edited by a moderator:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
A
You have excelled at writing in English language; I loved the piece of writing you had lately posted on face book. It was beautifully written. However, it wasn't impressive at all due to disregarding the rules of rhetoric though the sentences were composed well, but it wasn't punctuated correctly, and there were few grammatical mistakes too. Like, I have had once in my English. Bear in mind that composition without proper punctuation and capitalization falls flat on the reader; you have to be particular about this because otherwise the reader struggles with your writing rather than enjoying it.

Aimal Khan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
The following one:
No, there are many mistakes.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
The following one:
No, there are many mistakes.
5jj has just corrected your mistakes!
"Are the following sentence..." does not have the correct subject-verb agreement. "Had lately posted" is not the correct tense. 'face book' is not the spelling of the social media. "Like, I have had once in my English" is meaningless.
And then see 5jj's corrections in blue.
Why would anyone here tell you that you have many mistakes if you don't? And why would you disagree before they were even pointed out to you? Stranger still, why would you disagree after they have been pointed out?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I didn't correct them, but I highlighted them.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I didn't correct them, but I highlighted them.
Ah yes, sorry. I realized that you merely highlighted the black text errors, and assumed wrongly that you corrected the blue text, which I didn't read because, since you wrote it, I considered it wouldn't need checking.

Aimal Khan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thanks, Would you mind rectifying them, so that I can see the corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.