Would you please correct the following paragraph for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
United States
''Compassion, in which all ethics must take root, can only attain its full breadth and depth if it embraces all living creatures and does not limit itself to mankind.''(Albert Schweitzr). Business ethics is the study and examination of moral and social responsibility in relation to business practices and decision-making in business, Concerning money earning, it's based on the way an employee is treated. First of all, an employee usually wants fiscal incentives in order to work harder. Another point is advertising, which the company uses. Lastly, investing in employees by giving courses can be lucrative for companies. Because better trained workers save in the short-run and raise up the business in the long-run. Therefore, businesses should stay ethical for three reasons, which are: improving earnings, consideration for the employees future, and open-mindedness for society.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What is the purpose of your piece?

john3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
United States
This is an introductory paragraph for a persuasive essay

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
What ems meant was: Is this homework?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
John, if this is homework, I can't help you correct it, but I can offer some high-level advice.

Your sentences have almost no connection to one another. Your last sentence, presumably your topic sentence, contains ideas you haven't even mentioned. Your quote at the beginning has no bearing on the rest. I'm not sure you really have a clear idea of what you are arguing.

Search this phrase: "the business case for ethics" and see what you find. Then start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.