Which phrasal verbs are equivalents for the following definitions? Do you confirm my answers?
1. to compete for the best position = jockey for
2. to ask someone questions to find out their views = sound out
3. to be nice to someone in order to get them to do what you want = butter up
4. to spend a lot of money = fritter away (possibly run through)
5. to have a strong desire for something= hanker after
6. to care for a child until it is an adult, often giving it particular beliefs = bring up
7. to be similar to an older member of your family in appearance or character = take after
8. have smooth relations = get along
Looking forward to being let in on them. Thank you
Last edited by Kharkhun; 09-Apr-2014 at 21:11.
They are all OK.