1. bring you alive = !make you seem a vivid and interesting person".
2. Make sure what you put down adds value. = "make sure what you write adds something of value to the whole".
3. whether it is built around your present job = "whether it concentrates on what you do now in your present job (or what you would like to do in a future job)"
4. U]pull out [/U] = "bring out", "emphasise".
5. your CV is all about packaging. = "your CV is like the label on a product: it has to be attractive".
6. if you can't sell yourself, how will you be able to promote the company your are working for? and you must feel comfortable with what you have written and confident you can back it up. = "if you aren't very good at presenting yourself in your cv, your prospective employer will assume that you won't be very good at presenting the company either. You must feel happy with what you write in your cv, and certain that you can support your assertions."