Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Mexico
Hello! I'm about to start giving private English classes to an adult couple, who speak Spanish and only know a few English phrases. I've never done this before, and I'm not exactly sure where to start. I'm looking for a set out lesson plan for a few months to have something to loosely follow along, while adding in some of my own. I would appreciate any advice that I can get:)

Thank you in advance!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Have a look at English Banana. I used a lot of their resources for my adult classes in Spain. There are plenty of ideas there for all levels. For your first lesson with them, though, stick to a stab at general conversation (name, kids, job, house) so you can assess their individual levels. It's quite likely that one of them is slightly better than the other so you need to be careful that the one with the least knowledge doesn't just clam up and let the other one do all the talking!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It might be an idea to use a coursebook, which will at least give a structured sequence that can be followed rather than trying to build a course without having any experience in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.