Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,

please check the following text:

Ms. XY, studying Social Economics with a focus on accounting at the University of Berlin is going to study one semester in the United States at the XY University from August 2014 to January 2015. I consider her intention useful for her higher education and career. After her return in February 2015 she is going to write her bachelor thesis under my supervision on a topic related to the North American accounting system in comparison with the German one."

What would you say to this? Do you have maybe any advises? I would give this text to my professor as a scheme for his opinion. I would submit this short letter to increase my chance to convince the visa-officer, that I'm not going to stay in the USA illegally after my visa has expired, and to obtain a visa.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Although we Canadians do not need a visa to enter the US, I have attempted in the past to help a non-Canadian relative obtain a US visa. The American immigration officer explained to me that US law required her to assume that the visa applicant intended to remain illegally in the US after the visa had expired. So you have a very big hill to climb. You may need a lot more evidence than just the prof's letter.

kasamb

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
yeah yeah, it's only one of evidences I will provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.