Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help my with my gramma..

really hope on someone to correct my gramma or just the most obvious.

Thank you in anticipation.

Today, you can hear a song on the radio, go home and download it, and have it on your computer within a few minutes. The Internet has made it possible to achieve song, movies or software absolutely free. Almost everybody use or have used this opportunity, why buy when you can get it for free? However, on the other hand, there are musician who lose money every time we download a song for example. We are selfish on that domain and we have absolutely no respect for the people who have spend weeks, months or maybe years on creating that song. It doesn’t mean everything for big international groups that we all know but the small musician from a little town outside Copenhagen life may depend on those money he/she achieve on a CD. It is understandably that the people who have the intellectual property right feel offended when they don’t get paid for their work. But do we care? I like to think that we do but the reality says something else. It is so simple to get it free and the risk of getting caught does almost not exist.

So, the musicians’ loose money on lost sale, but they are not the only ones who loose money. Record companies who produce the music are also among the victims. They spend a lot of money on producing and sell the product, and the pirates just make it more expensive. To maintain market positions they may have to cut in they expenses that in the worst case can result in people getting fired. Furthermore it can stop music developing. It says itself that record companies, not are able to count on a lot of musicians. They have to make limits, so that they only pig the ones who have a great chance to succeed. That is why so many musicians are being rejected which cost them money and maybe personnel comedown.

One of the pirate’s first arguments to justify file sharing is that it is the record company who earn money on the sale of a CD and not the musician(s). Therefore it doesn’t mean that much to share music because it isn’t the record company they want to support, it is the artist. That is why pirates support the groups they are fan of through concerts and merchandise where the artist archive much bigger share of the profit. This argument carries great weight. If I buy a CD for £10 then I want the artist to have the money and not just a tenth. However, it is the record company who produce the music, and make sure it’s on the street. Even though they may take a big share of the money, it is still through them, musicians makes their breakthrough.

The above mentioned can be understand as an advantage, but in my opinion is the music culture the real advantage. When I sit in front of my computer, I can search on everything form all over the world. It is possible to find Danish, American and even India music. It gives me the opportunity to listen to music I never would have heard without the pirates. As a result of that, I may find whole new bands or even a new genre that I would like to hear in the future. So, The pirates make it possible to increase our knowledge of other countries music, which give us an insight in other people’s culture.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help my with my gramma..

I'll start:
    achieve song- acquire/get songs
    everybody use- uses
    opportunity,- opportunity;
    are musician - plural
    on that domain- in this way
    but the small musician- but for
    those money- that/the
    he/she achieve on- gets from
    the reality- reality

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help my with my gramma..

I'll continue:

So, the musicians’ loose money on lost sale, but they are not the only ones who loose money.
    So the musicians lose money on sales, but they are not the only ones who lose money.

Record companies who produce the music are also among the victims. They spend a lot of money on producing and sell the product, and the pirates just make it more expensive.
    They spend a lot of money on producing and selling the product

To maintain market positions they may have to cut in they expenses that in the worst case can result in people getting fired.
    To maintain market positions, they may have to cut in their expenses, which, in the worst case scenario, can result in people getting fired.

Furthermore it can stop music developing.
    Furthermore, it can stop music from developing.

It says itself that record companies, not are able to count on a lot of musicians.
    It says that record companies are not able to count on a lot of musicians.

They have to make limits, so that they only pig the ones who have a great chance to succeed.
    They have to set limits, so that they only choose the artists who have a good chance to succeed.

That is why so many musicians are being rejected which cost them money and maybe personnel comedown.
    That is why so many musicians are rejected, which costs them money and sometimes personnel problems.