Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi teacher,

Is it correct if I write like this "The more specific a comment was, the more likely it was to be accepted for revision"? (The context of this sentence is when a person comments on your writing, if the comment is clear and specific, it will be easier for the author to follow that comment)

Thank you very much

Jenny

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Yes, it's OK.

Champleon

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teacher,

Is it correct if I write like this "The more specific a comment was, the more likely it was to be accepted for revision"? (The context of this sentence is when a person comments on your writing, if the comment is clear and specific, it will be easier for the author to follow that comment)

Thank you very much

Jenny

Hello,

Well, I'm just a non-native retired teacher, so I'm not one of this Forum's teachers. Besides, I'm making my debut as Forum member.

I think your quoted expression is right. However, I may offer a suggestion in the expectation that it will be corrected by any of the Forum's teachers.
My suggestion: "The more specific a comment was, the more likely it was that they accepted it for revision".

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I like "accepted as a revision." The comment is not being revised, something else is being revised based on the comment.

lotus888

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The more specific the comment, the more likely it will be accepted for revision.

--lotus

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I like Dave's version better. "Accepted for revision" sounds as if the comment will be revised.

Status
Not open for further replies.