Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This isn't an assignment, I just started writing this in a sudden "light-bulb" moment and when I returned to it I hardly understood what I was trying to convey.

The original sentence read "Movies, books, plays all offer the viewer organization that offers insight as to who is the sympathetic or hero character, who is the villain, and rational chronology to events which convey effective storytelling."

I removed the ending about rational storytelling. "Viewer" doesn't fit movies, books, and plays so it was removed. Is there a word that would apply to all three of these forms of entertainment?

I am now trying to perfect this sentence. Where the -> is marked I originally included "so that".

Movies, books and plays are organized -> hero and villain characters are identifiable by the viewer.

Here are the possibilities I picked out.
->

->to create identifiable hero and villain characters.

->so that hero and villain characters are identifiable.

->to identify hero and villain characters.

->so that the viewer can identify hero and villain characters.

->so that the viewer can identify the hero and villain characters.

->in such a way that we can identify the hero and the villain.

Do any of these work? Help?

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I removed the ending about rational storytelling. "Viewer" doesn't fit movies, books, and plays so it was removed. Is there a word that would apply to all three of these forms of entertainment? How about "audience" or "public"?

"Movies, books and plays are [usually/sometines/most of the times/etc.] laid out in such a way that make the hero(es) and villain(s) easy to identify". How do you (and other native speakers) like it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.