English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello Fellow Teacher,
I' have started teaching in an English language school which no textbooks are suggested but the syllabus is based on Wiki magazines.In other words, just some frameworks are offered every session. For instance, today present perfect should be taught.firstly, I thought it would be very challenging, but now I can't provide enough materials and sometimes I'm really helpless.Besides this I'm new at teaching. Please help me out! :cry:

esltutor

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It is really tough when you aren't provided with enough materials or a course curriculum from which to work. Unfortunately, not having proper or enough materials is often the plight of new teachers. It takes some time to build up your own list of materials; and sometimes a new teacher has to spend A LOT of time preparing lessons and preparing materials.

I don't have the materials for you for the Perfect Perfect, however, if you are having trouble with the concept of the Present Perfect (or other verb tenses) you can visit this page I wrote on my website: Tips for Present Perfect Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers.

Good luck!

myvidentity

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi Debra, first of all I have to thank you for your response. I use them when it comes to teaching present perfect. I think I have to quit the school, as what you mentioned, it takes lots of time to tailor each material to their needs and so on.

Best

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If the school doesn't equip you with what you need to teach, then you shouldn't get too worried about tailoring everything like this. Use other materials. As you have only recently started, you will be coming terms with finding out what works and what suits your style of teaching, so explore and try different things. If the school really objects to this but doesn't help you, then get your CV out to other places. Many teachers prefer working without textbooks because that gives them freedom to choose and allow a more natural flow of lessons that takes into account what comes up in the lessons. However, this is something that comes with time and experience.

There are lots worksheets and materials available online- browse here: https://www.usingenglish.com/links/...ources/Lesson_Plans_and_Worksheets/index.html

You'll find some on the site here: https://www.usingenglish.com/teachers/

MS3330

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Australia
Hi there,

Let me know if you have any trouble downloading materials. I can download materials and email you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.