Hanka is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default conceive + simplified

Hello,

could you please help me again. I have two questions:

1) Two moderators outlined the new technologies in the form of a simplified presentation. Is it possible to use the word "simplified", if it is supposed to mean not so formal, maybe presented in a funny way and in a relaxed atmosphere? Or is there any better expression?

2) Individual working presentations were conceived as a shooting practice. Is it possible to use the word "conceived", if it is supposed to express the theme of the whole event? It was a working meeting inspired by shooting probably in order to make it more interesting and less boring. Besides the working part, the participants could try various forms of shooting.

Thank you very much.

Hanka

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: conceive + simplified

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka
    Hello,
    could you please help me again. I have two questions:
    1) Two moderators outlined the new technologies in the form of a simplified presentation. Is it possible to use the word "simplified", if it is supposed to mean not so formal, maybe presented in a funny way and in a relaxed atmosphere? Or is there any better expression?
    2) Individual working presentations were conceived as a shooting practice. Is it possible to use the word "conceived", if it is supposed to express the theme of the whole event? It was a working meeting inspired by shooting probably in order to make it more interesting and less boring. Besides the working part, the participants could try various forms of shooting.
    Thank you very much.
    Hanka
    Hanka,
    1. A simplified presentation in new technologies would be quite possibly directed to an audience composed of less than fully knowledgeable in the new areas. Example: A atomic scientist would have to reduce or simplify his presentation to an audience of 12 year old children.
    2. "Individual working presentations were conceived as a shooting practice." I am not quite certain of the full context from which this might have been taken. Sorry...