Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me to write a template for a letter to be sent to dental patients.

In practice we refer to 'incomplete treatment' as being treatment that a patient has failed to come back for. Often this is referred to as 'outstanding treatment'. Should it be incomplete or outstanding? I'm not sure which word to use.

Also, I thought about using the below wording but I'm not sure if it is worded correctly. I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out.

"On reviewing our records we note that you have incomplete dental treatment to be completed at the practice." or should it be "On reviewing our records we note that you have incomplete dental treatment left to be completed at the practice" (second option includes 'left').

Many thanks for you help

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It may sound fine in practice, but I wouldn't use it in a letter like this. How about On reviewing our records, we found that you have not completed your course of dental treatment for xxxxx at the practice

ColgateSmile

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's great, thank you.

Would you refer to the treatment as being incomplete or outstanding?

Many thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd use incomplete- outstanding sounds like a bill.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I might consider "an unfinished course of treatment" or "a partially-completed course of treatment".

Status
Not open for further replies.