Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
French
Home Country
Madagascar
Current Location
Madagascar
Please can you help me with my cover letter, I think it's Ok, excepted the lines I colored in red. Can you please tell me if it's ok? Thank you very much :)

Antananarivo,
June 10, 2014

WFP Madagascar
To the attention of Mr. the Resident Representative
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Object :[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spontaneous application for a "manager/administrator/administrative".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. the Resident Representative, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Please find hereby my spontaneous application for an "manager/administrator/administrative".[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Recently graduated from the INSCAE with a Master in International Management, I acquired the sense of responsibilities and initiative while developing my spirit of synthesis and analysis.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My willingness/workforce and my wish to acquire very soon professional skills leaded me to work at several companies, during three years, in parallel with my studies.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Furthermore, a first professional experience in the humanitarian field (CforC NGO) allowed me to develop my communication skills both spoken and written among persons from different cultural, language and social environment.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I wish to orientate my professional career toward administrative functions among international organisms with humanitarian vocation such as the WFP.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I am actually managing an enterprise in the field of e-trading, and I succeeded to structure this activity in sort as I am available at half-time (20hours per week) to devote myself to the desired position among your organism.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I look forward to discussing my qualification further and can be reached by email at xxx@gmail.com or by phone at 00 261 34 xx xxx xx.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Thank you so much for your time[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You definitely can't use "Mr. Resident Representative". We only put "Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms before someone's surname or full name. If you don't know the name of the relevant person, use "Dear Sir/Madam". If you know he's a man, then "Dear Sir". If you know she's a woman, then "Dear Madam". You could also use "For the attention of the Resident Representative".

Can you tell us what a "Resident Representative" is?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not sure what a "spontaneous application" is either.

johanne24

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
French
Home Country
Madagascar
Current Location
Madagascar
Thank you for your help
A resident representative (for NGOs) is like a country manager (for companies), he represents the country in which the organization is located.

johanne24

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
French
Home Country
Madagascar
Current Location
Madagascar
A spontaneous application is an application that doesn't respond to any job offer, it will be sent to a company even if there is not job offer.
Please correct me if I'm wrong about the way to say the words.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think that's an "unsolicited application".

Louiesaha

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Switzerland
Please can you help me with my cover letter, I think it's Ok, excepted the lines I colored in red. Can you please tell me if it's ok? Thank you very much :)

Antananarivo,
June 10, 2014

WFP Madagascar
To the attention of Mr. the Resident Representative
Object : Spontaneous application for a "manager/administrator/administrative".

Dear Mr. the Resident Representative, Please find hereby my spontaneous application for an "manager/administrator/administrative". Recently graduated from the INSCAE with a Master in International Management, I acquired the sense of responsibilities and initiative while developing my spirit of synthesis and analysis.

My willingness/workforce and my wish to acquire very soon professional skills leaded me to work at severalcompanies, during three years, in parallel with my studies. Furthermore, a first professional experience in the humanitarian field (CforC NGO) allowed me to develop my communication skills both spoken and written among persons from different cultural, language and social environment. I wish to orientate my professional career toward administrative functions among international organisms with humanitarian vocation such as the WFP. I am actually managing an enterprise in the field of e-trading, and I succeeded to structure this activity in sort as I am available at half-time (20hours per week) to devote myself to the desired position among your organism.
I look forward to discussing my qualification further and can be reached by email at xxx@gmail.com or by phone at 00 261 34 xx xxx xx.
Thank you so much for your time
Sincerely

I am not a English teacher, I am an ex-banker. But, when I read your cover letter, it doesn't clearly spell out what are your competencies. I think cover letter is a place for you to present your competencies, what set you aside from other applicants.
You said your first professional experience was in the humanitarian field, I suggest you to further elaborate what have you done/ learned in that field. You also said that you have communicated with people from the different cultures, you can cite some examples of the do/don't when you are dealing with one specific culture. You also can highlight how many languages you are fluent on. You said you are managing e- trading, you can give further details of how do you manage it, what e-trading are you in.
Last, I am not sure the word " organism" is the right word, I will change it to " organization" .

Status
Not open for further replies.