• Home Country:
      • Libya
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please comment on my writing skill

How are you all.
    Iam Salah from Libya and I have just registere today
    Iam trying to improve my writing skill, so please see my article and advice me
    and correct anything you notice incorrect.
    thanks in advance
    '
    How are you? I hope you are all fine.
    First, I am English learner as you can see; I am BBC member too even I don't interact regularly with BBC English website. In other word, I spend at least one hour a day on the BBC learning English website , mostly, I read new topics, download new materials, and sometimes listen to the BBC news .
    I have been learning English since 2001 and as I am living in non English country it was a little hard for me to keep learning and improving.
    Also, I have to work long hours, and do other social activities, although I sometimes use English in my job, the big problem I am facing is that learning English it self considered in my home( I live in small village ) as extra hobby, and I hardly find some one interesting on it.
    Any way, I had to stop learning for a while, you know, the days slip quietly without noticing.
    I did not give up, I keep learning, I bought some English books, English course with tapes, and some grammar books, I also listen to the BBC news when ever I have chance. At this point, I started to feel progress, and most important thing that I started to love English language too.
    Soon , I couldn't go far as I am studying my self , and my best friend that used to help me is went back to his home ( he is Filipino ) , so I got bored, and I stopped again.
    Being in love with someone that mean you cannot be way from him long time, I miss here too much, and at this stage, the idea of going to UK to enroll in English language course coming to my mind, but that was not easy for me as getting visa is very hard, so I decided to take an ELTS exam, and I did. The result surprised my friends and they praised me, for me I wasn't so happy, but I am satisfied. I expected to be higher though. This result showed me that I am on the right way, so I came back with full of energy,
    To be continue
    Salah zaid

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please comment on my writing skill

Saleh, welcome.
    I'll start
    First, I am an English learner as you can see; I am a BBC member too, even though I don't interact regularly with the BBC English website. In other words, I spend at least one hour a day on the BBC learning English website; mostly, I read new topics, download new materials, and sometimes listen to the BBC news .

Your writing's OK- you make a few mistakes with not using articles (a/an/the)

zaed_salah is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Libya
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: please comment on my writing skill

Quote Originally Posted by zaed_salah
    How are you all.
    Iam Salah from Libya and I have just registere today
    Iam trying to improve my writing skill, so please see my article and advice me
    and correct anything you notice incorrect.
    thanks in advance
    '
    How are you? I hope you are all fine.
    First, I am English learner as you can see; I am BBC member too even I don't interact regularly with BBC English website. In other word, I spend at least one hour a day on the BBC learning English website , mostly, I read new topics, download new materials, and sometimes listen to the BBC news .
    I have been learning English since 2001 and as I am living in non English country it was a little hard for me to keep learning and improving.
    Also, I have to work long hours, and do other social activities, although I sometimes use English in my job, the big problem I am facing is that learning English it self considered in my home( I live in small village ) as extra hobby, and I hardly find some one interesting on it.
    Any way, I had to stop learning for a while, you know, the days slip quietly without noticing.
    I did not give up, I keep learning, I bought some English books, English course with tapes, and some grammar books, I also listen to the BBC news when ever I have chance. At this point, I started to feel progress, and most important thing that I started to love English language too.
    Soon , I couldn't go far as I am studying my self , and my best friend that used to help me is went back to his home ( he is Filipino ) , so I got bored, and I stopped again.
    Being in love with someone that mean you cannot be way from him long time, I miss here too much, and at this stage, the idea of going to UK to enroll in English language course coming to my mind, but that was not easy for me as getting visa is very hard, so I decided to take an ELTS exam, and I did. The result surprised my friends and they praised me, for me I wasn't so happy, but I am satisfied. I expected to be higher though. This result showed me that I am on the right way, so I came back with full of energy,
    To be continue
    Salah zaid

peasantleader is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your english's in simple way and clearly thought.But writing grammatically and technically could make u perfect day after day as using more structures,noun phrases to shorten your sentence,passive voice etc.Especially avoid using a word repeatly:I and pratice more on semicolon.

Best regards.