ESL materials development job opportunities?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funelteacher

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hello:)

I'd like to make the transition from teaching to ESL materials development. I don't really like the idea of sending unsolicited proposals to major publishers though, as they usually have a publishing plan for the long run. However, I don't know where to start:)
May I ask you for a little help here?:) How does it work? I'd be really grateful if you shared your experience you might have gained in this field.

Thank You!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you want to make it a paying transition, it's those publishers that have the sales to make it profitable. Obviously, there are some making it independently, but I don't think there are that many.

aslibasarir

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello:)

I'd like to make the transition from teaching to ESL materials development. I don't really like the idea of sending unsolicited proposals to major publishers though, as they usually have a publishing plan for the long run. However, I don't know where to start:)
May I ask you for a little help here?:) How does it work? I'd be really grateful if you shared your experience you might have gained in this field.

Thank You!

This article might give you some ideas.

https://www.usingenglish.com/articles/career-paths-in-elt-publishing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.