Other
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Dear every one.
Please help me correct the letter that I send to my supplier.
Because english is not my native languages, so I am not sure that he will understang clearly my letter.
This is my letter:

Good afternoon!
Dear Sir,
Regard to the material for project of water shop. I would like to inform you as bellow.
In order to control material conveniently, I will be also very grateful if you, from now:
1) Send me the MTC of material that have MTC
2) Inform me the material that don’t have MTC and let me know when you have them .
I am looking forward to receiving your assistance.
Thanks you very much

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello, and welcome to Using English.

1. We don't use "Good afternoon!" in a business letter.
2. Not every business person is male. Do you know the name of your contact at the supplier? In my company, we know who we work with. If you don't, use "Dear Sir or Madam."
3. "Regarding the material" is not clear enough. They may sell many things to you. I don't know what a "water shop" is.
4. I don't know what MTC is. I don't know if it's countable or not. I can't help you rewrite this without knowing this.

Not knowing what you really want to say, I've tried my best anyway:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Regarding the materials we are obtaining from you for the [better name of project], I am requesting that future shipments include the MTC for all items. If you don't have the MTC for all materials, please let me know which materials this applies to and when you'll be able to receive them.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanquanagtk

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hello, and welcome to Using English.

1. We don't use "Good afternoon!" in a business letter.
2. Not every business person is male. Do you know the name of your contact at the supplier? In my company, we know who we work with. If you don't, use "Dear Sir or Madam."
3. "Regarding the material" is not clear enough. They may sell many things to you. I don't know what a "water shop" is.
4. I don't know what MTC is. I don't know if it's countable or not. I can't help you rewrite this without knowing this.

Not knowing what you really want to say, I've tried my best anyway:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Regarding the materials we are obtaining from you for the [better name of project], I am requesting that future shipments include the MTC for all items. If you don't have the MTC for all materials, please let me know which materials this applies to and when you'll be able to receive them.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.
Thanks you very much for your help
1. Water shop is my department, which fabricates desalination machines
2. "MTC" is mill test certificate.
We have bought some material from this supplier, he must find the MTC of them, and send MTC to us.
I want he send the availbe MTC, and tell me the kind of material that haven't MTC and the time he will send the rest MTC
I'm sorry but...
Would you mind correcting the letter agian for me, beacause it is very important to me.
Thanks

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That is exactly what I did in the lower part of my post.

vanquanagtk

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks you
Is it ok if i use "from now" to indicate the solutions for similar situations in future

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You can say "from now on" or "in the future" as I have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.