Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
As a former EFL teacher, I know new resources are always welcome. That's why I'm posting about a YouTube channel I run for a school in the UK, called Hemsworth Reflections. My school is interested in getting kids thinking about the world around them, so the videos on the channel look at a wide range of topics from the problem of sugar and obesity to pressures on girls and better spelling.

As all the videos use text on the screen, I thought they also might be relevant to EFL learning. There are quotes that could be discussed, and links to resources, for example articles on national newspaper websites. It is of course a non-profit site, and the purpose is purely educational. We would also welcome video contributions from students in other countries.

I hope you might find something of interest for your classes there!

Graham Rankin
Reflections Programme Coordinator
Hemsworth Academy

Jackson65

Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for your introduction and welcome! I cannot find your channel however

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Graham, please change your profile name. It contravenes this rule:

Profile names should not be advertisements

Profile names should be real name or avatars, not advertisements. If your profile name is either a web address or the name of a product then this equates to it being an advertisement and you will be required to change it. You request to change it by following the FAQ entry called '
How do I change my username?'. If you refuse to change it you will be banned for attempting to spam our forum.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.