Reference
Description & Action
Type
iFAT
cFAT
SAT
LIT402
Low Low Level
The recirculation pumps will be inhibited by a low low level in the wet well (hardwired interlock) which shall be derived from a level relay in the ultrasonic unit (LIT402) and stop the pumps in both manual and automatic control modes. Alarm will be raised at the HMI. Auto-resets upon the condition becoming healthy.
Protection

Any of the above protection conditions causes the drive to stop and become tripped, requiring a manual reset at the starter.

So my colleague said that I shouldn't put the last sentence "Any of the above protection conditions causes the drive to stop and become tripped, requiring a manual reset at the starter." there because it is applied to all of the situations in the box above. "Any of above" means all above. So it is conflict with what I stated there (cause it is auto reset rather than manual).

In my opinion, "Any of above" means if there is any, and it should be fine for the sentence to stay at the end.

So any suggestions?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please give correct information in your profile.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Any of the above" does not mean "all of the above." You are correct.

That said, you have only mentioned one condition (low low level on LIT402). So the "any" or "all" conversation does not make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.