[Grammar] How do you think mistakes can affect your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy Nguyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I have made mistakes sometimes; for example, have met the wrong person, have not appriciated my sister about her talents and have not believed some people that made me hurt. Everybody said that they already has made mistakes in their whole life; mistakes for the love, the study, the journey and so on. After these mistake, someone realized that they could fix it but someone could not; it made them fell in their insanity, they could not do anything to get out. They’ve lost the way they were, the’ve been being the wrong person.

My biggest mistake is the forget. I did not believe in myself that I could forget all the things quickly; I did not remember the articles, the mathematical formulas and the things I had to do. When I was 15 years old, I was a girl who could remember all the articles in class. Every I had a test, I was a people who helped my friends to do it easily. When I have grew up, my ability about it has lost. I have felt the change in my mind; it has so terrible because I could have forgot a small event. The consequence was I forgot the promised with my ex love and I had a wrong remembered a mathematical formulas in my college midterm test; it was just a confusion of a addition and a subtraction. I thought that it was just a little thing but I could not remember, so that I would not remember anything. My memories have decreased; my friend have told me that I am a yellow fish in the “Fingding Nemo” film. She always forget about the things she knew; she goes to a new place and says:” Woah, this place is very beautiful! I will go another place, haha”. After that, she goes to this place again and again but she always says the old sentence.

The picture of the yellow fish in this film was always in my mind; I thought that I was it. Therefor, I have change my mind and my behavior; I always think that I can remember the things, the mathematical formulas and the promises like five years ago. I have change the way I study and remember; I have improve my memory by learning the Romance Room Technique and saving the new english sentences in my facebook. Luckily, I heard a sharing from a person which name is AJ Hoge on youtube lastnight; he changed my mind. He is a director of Effort English center; he says:” You have to go out side, go out the confident zones, go out the safe zones if you want to grow up! This is the reason why I always change the way I teaching. Sometimes you will fail and maybe your students will laugh at you but you have to keep going, don’t give up. I promise you, you will grow up in the future. Don’t just listen my sharing, you have to do it”. After I heard it, I have very appriciated his sharing; I will do it everyday to get out of my uncomfortable zones to grow up.

Everyone can make mistakes but if they can realize that there are the challenges in their life, they will get out of their bad feeling. Therefor, if you want to be a people who you want to be, so that you can take the experiences after you had a mistake and you will grow up as better as you can.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us?

Nancy Nguyen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Do you have a question for us?
Thank you for asking me. I want to know something:

First, I want to know the grammar that I used in this writing. Do I have mistakes in some sentence?
Second, I want to know clearly the way we use "So that", "So" and Run-on sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Before we move on to your question, I have another question: When will you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor for marking or grading?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have a question. How are those things you mentioned in your first sentence mistakes?

(Do not say "a people" unless you are referring to a nationality.)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.