Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me correct the sentences. Thanks! (#1, #2 are extracted/rewritten from an article of a blog.)

1. This surge of Korean cultural popularity has been called “Hallyu.”
2. It means Korean wave and refers to the wide popularity of Korean TV, film and music has become a global crazy.
3. Naturally, K-pop takes my school by storm.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please help me correct the sentences. Thanks! (#1, #2 are extracted/rewritten from an article of a blog.)

1. This surge of Korean cultural popularity has been called “Hallyu.”
2. It means Korean wave and means that Korean TV, film and music has become a global crazy.
3. K-pop has taken my school by storm.

I am guessing that "global crazy" is a phrase that has recently become popular. (As you have probably noticed, I made no corrections in the first sentence (because it needs none).)

:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think it has become a "global craze​".

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I combined these sentences to form a paragraph as written. Is it adequate to put the adverb 'Naturally' before the sentence 'K-pop has....'?

This surge of Korean cultural popularity has been called “Hallyu.” It means Korean wave and means that Korean TV, film and music has become a global craze. Naturally, K-pop has taken my school by storm. Watching Korean soap operas has become a national activity, and discussing the story and screenplay of the soap operas is a common topic of conversation among students and teachers.

lotus888

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I combined these sentences to form a paragraph as written. Is it adequate to put the adverb 'Naturally' before the sentence 'K-pop has....'?

Yes.

This surge of Korean cultural popularity has been called “Hallyu.” It means Korean wave, and refers to the widespread popularity of Korean television, cinema and music, which has become a global craze. Naturally, K-pop has taken my school by storm. Watching Korean soap operas has become a national pastime, and discussing the story and screenplay of the soap operas is a common topic of conversation among students and teachers.

You might want to change the title of the thread.

--lotus

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This surge of Korean cultural popularity has been called “Hallyu.” It means Korean wave and refers to the widespread popularity of Korean TV, film and music, which has become a global craze. Naturally, K-pop has taken my school by storm. Watching Korean soap operas has become a national activity, and discussing the story and screenplay of the soap operas is a common topic of conversation among students and teachers.

You need to highlight "Korean wave" (for example, by italicizing it), because it is a phrase you want to bring the reader's attention to. I would not use "naturally" in the second sentence, because it suggests that it is something you would expect to happen. (Why?) Finally, I would not change film to cinema unless you wanted it to look British. (I agree that the phrase should be global craze, although I rather like global crazy. ;-))

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.