Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I am writing a statement of motivation . I finished but I need someone to revise it , I am sure there is someone ready to help .The one who will help me will be helped .

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am writing a statement of motivation. I finished, but I need someone to revise it. I am sure there is someone ready to help. The one who helps me will be helped.

Are you talking about a motivation letter? (I think I used to know what that is, but I guess I can always learn it again.) Maybe I don't really need to know what a motivation letter is. After all, I correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. regardless.

Please note that we do not space before a period (full stop), but we do space after a period.

I am pretty sure I can help you just by doing what I always do. However, I am a volunteer, and I do not expect any pay.

:)

Last edited:

Norah87

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you very much Mr Tarheel.From 115 viewrs you were the only one who is ready to help.I really appreciate it.
Anyways , the most important thing for me isn't the grammar & punctuation.In fact , I care more for coherence and cohsion.
I don't if I can contact you via e-mail because I dont want to publish my statment before the addmission.If there is another you within this site I don't mind it . Thanks again :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You don't have to call me Mr. Tarheel. Simply "Tarheel" will do. Certainly you want people to understand what you are saying. However, punctuation plays a role in that. (You left out a key word in that next to last sentence.) There is not another "me" on this site. I am an original. ;-)

If you are not going to post the letter on this site then I cannot help you.

(Please note that we do not space before commas and periods (or anything else I can think of), but we do space after them.)

Norah87

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I wish to have such feedback for my motivational statement. As long as you care about correcting punctuations and misspellings for a piece that's not meant for correction, I think I'll get a satisfying result.
Actually, I don’t want to post the letter in public at least before the admission. In case that against the site's policy I can only post it after the admission. I am a new member so I don’t know if there's another way of sending the document via the site without being seen except for a specific member. Otherwise, this might not work out.
I am really grateful for all your replies.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you post something in the members' section, only other members will see it. Otherwise, anybody can see it. (That's kind of the point. We want all ESL learners to learn from seeing the posts submitted for correction and the corrections made along with any explanations.)

Norah87

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
O.k
Would you please post a link for me?