English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Ireland
Current Location
China
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum, my name is Lucy and I recently arrived in China and am teaching English to Grade 7 and 8 which is 11 -14 year olds.
Has anyone else any experience teaching in China? I'm having difficulties finding resources online and my computers in Chinese so I'm also having problems setting up my PPT's. If anyone has any useful links to teaching materials I would be eternally grateful or any other advise.

Regards,

Lucy

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Welcome to UsingEnglish.com and China, Lucy35!

I am Chinese and my computer is in Chinese too, what can I help you? 5jj told me that he had taught in China, perhaps he can help you.

I am not a teacher.

thedaffodils

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
As I know, the operation system of most computers in China is applied with Microsoft Windows, which is with the package of Microsoft Office, including PPT. I assume it has nothing to do with the computer you use. My computer in Chinese can display any PPT perfectly with any language.

You can go to your fellow teachers of Chinese, and they would be pleased to give you a hand for it, i.e. reinstalling your o.s. of English version, so you would be more comfortable with that.

Could you specify what resources you are looking for, i.e. writing, speaking, hearing, reading? Do you teach in a public school or an international school? For public shool, they are required to use the textbooks published by the Education Ministry.

Good luck!

P.S. I'm Chinese, but not a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.