Thread: Choosing title

• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Choosing title

what title is best suitable for this piece of text????!!!
    is it privacy policy or legal disclaimer or anything else??!! and why???!!

" Please understand that all views expressed in these web pages are solely mine, unless otherwise stated, and in no way are they meant to represent my past or present employers.

Furthermore, all data (textual, graphical, executable, spiritual, or otherwise, with the exception of metaphysical) contained in these web pages has either been created (where "created" should be interpreted in an appropriate context) by me, or is freely (as in beer, and as in speech) available on the Internet for public use. I have attempted to clearly state the source of all alien data (for example, a copy[right|left] message, the name of the person responsible, etc), to the best of my abilities and knowledge. If you believe that I have missed somebody, or some information may legally not be on these pages, please inform me: I shall comply and would take corrective action in response to all valid objections and/or notifications.

Any commercial logos, if used, are copyright of their respective owners. Although I might have used certain logos "as is", it is not an attempted infringement of anybody's rights. If you think that I have inappropriately used your name, logo, or any other material on this web site, please let me know and I would promptly take the material off.

All contents of this web site, unless otherwise noted, are 2006 Boss.All Rights Reserved.

Terms and Conditions
    ALL INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Thank you for your patience "

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Choosing title

It's a disclaimer.

But you should get legal advice before posting such a notice on your website. In some jurisdictions, a disclaimer of this sort may be a tacit admission that you think you might have illegal content on your site, and if someone sues you, this may actually count against you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Choosing title

Why is it a disclaimer? What is actually a disclaimer
    Last edited by my boss; 21-Apr-2006 at 20:53.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Choosing title

A disclaimer is a denial of responsibility. It is saying, basically: "If something is wrong, don't blame me." A privacy policy, on the other hand, is a statement telling visitors exactly what information you collect about them, what you intend to do with it and how you will protect their anonymity.

• Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Choosing title

Thanks for letting me know those, now i understand