Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
I need proofreading on my cover letter! I did my best, but I'm not sure whether it has grammatical errors. I would very appreciate it if you give me some feedback on it. Here's my cover letter.

-----------------------

I am currently in my second year of a Master’s degree in accountancy at somewhere University and I would like to be considered for the position of Tax Intern.

I have been fascinated with taxes since I volunteered in VITA program, as a tax preparer. I very enjoyed helping people to file their tax return, educate them on tax credits and options, and get them the best amounts for their individual situations. I discovered that tax was a good match for me because every return was a puzzle with no easy answer and I loved solving the puzzles. Due to my genuine interest in tax, I was an outstanding student in my Tax Treatment of Individuals class at somewhere university.

The biggest reason *** is my dream workplace is that it is where I can have great development opportunities. **** attracts me because of the emphasis on early responsibility together with all necessary support. At ***, I believe I would be able to work with many talented tax professionals who would inspire me to work even harder as an intern, and it will prepare me to be a successful professional in tax accounting field.

I would enjoy the challenge and the learning opportunity provided by the Tax Intern position. In closing, I am excited about the possibility of participating in the Korean Practice, and would love to meet with you to discuss the value that I can bring to your company. I appreciate your time and consideration.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A couple of things to start you off:

- I would use "I have been fascinated with tax ..." (not 'taxes').
- We don't say "I very enjoyed ...".

ray0112

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
A couple of things to start you off:

- I would use "I have been fascinated with tax ..." (not 'taxes').
- We don't say "I very enjoyed ...".

Thank you so much, emsr2d2!

HenryLin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Apart from the above correction everything is good, you need to keep in mind about all small things such as punctuation mark etc.

Last edited:

Louiesaha

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Switzerland
Just a personal thought, since we both are business degrees. I am sure during the two years of master's degree, you have done some assignments / projects / case studies that were particularly interesting, you may add in to your cover letter to show your competency in accounting. For example, the impact of fiscal policy and tax, the impact of special purpose entities (SPV) on corporate tax, the impact of goodwill on accounting methods .....I don't know which one you have done. But if you do write a thesis for your master, then it is best to discuss it a bit on the cover letter. Just a thought!
"not a teacher" a retired financial analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.