[Essay] Help with college essay far please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rana_

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night closing shift at Lifetime. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up early for work in about eight hours. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. My body felt as if it were on fire with fever. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep almost an hour late. Little did I know how much sleep I was not going to get.
Shortly after I had fallen asleep my cell phone rang. When I got to the phone, I did not recognize the name or the phone number on the caller I.D. Still hazy from sleeping, I answered but it took me a minute to discern the voice on the other line. It was my friend Alex, which was not unusual for her to call when she was bored in the middle of the night, for she was rather irresponsible. I sat up from my bed to hear her clearer. I did not understand at first, but then she told me how scared she was, and that she couldn't go home. I heard people and music in the background, and I knew by the way she walking she was intoxicated. She said she was at a party at another friend's house near her neighborhood, and I could sense the fear in her voice. My stomach tightened, and I was afraid for her. Then all of a sudden she said she had to go and hung up the phone.
I was like her fear traveled through the phone line and took me over. I wanted it to be a dream. I tried to call her back but it kept going to voicemail. I just sat on my bed in the dark, holding the phone, and hoping she would call back.
She finally called back over an hour later, and by that time I was sick with fear. She said the cops cam to stop the party and she was lucky enough to crawl the bathroom window before she would get caught. She didn't want to go back home and told me to meet her at Wendy's as soon as possible.
With that in mind, I put on my tennis shoes, grabbed my keys and left. I hoped my parents wouldn't wake up and I thought of an excuse just in case. As I was closing the back door behind me, my dad bolted at the door after me in an upset rage. Usually, this would scare me, but the only thing I cared about was getting to Alex. I told my dad that I was going to meet Alex for an early run. Maybe I am a bad liar. He did not buy my story. He grabbed my keys and told me that I didn't need to drive if I was going to be running anyway. Instead of arguing, I whipped around and dashed off. I had to get to my friend no matter what..
The distance from my house to Wendy's is quite far, especially for an out-of-shape sick person who decided to run there in the cold, early hours of the morning. I ran as fast as I could, and about half way there, I began wheezing due to the congestion in my lungs. I had to stop as much as I didn't want because of this. I looked up, and I was so dizzy the trees looked as if they were swirling. It was as if the environment around me was going to swallow me. I knew I had to push past this and keep going.
It seemed as if hours had gone by since I began running. The sun began to peek out. My entire body was shaking, and I was sweating but at the time shivering from the cold air. When I got to the last stretch of road in my run, it really seemed like a dream. I felt like I was getting nowhere. That was the longest piece of road I have ever run.

HenryLin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well nothing much is the correction in your article but try to frame your sentence in a short and prescribed manner.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
And note that we do not do homework here.
We are always happy to discuss general questions and concerns about English usage.

HenryLin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are many online websites which provide services for essay writing. They take order or provide the services for writing essay, thesis and help you to become an expert an writing. Search the service provider and take help from them.

MollySyres

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I've used essay writing service only once, and that’s because I was really out of time. I’ve ordered an essay at essay-24 and they’ve saved me. They did a good job. Unique and quality paper. I had troubles with their support center only. Anyway my essay was delivered even earlier than we agreed. They made me 20% discount for my first order. I don't want everybody doing nothing, just using essay writing services. I did this only because of the unexpected circumstances. Anyway I think it's better to use such service once, than to have big problems in collage.

Status
Not open for further replies.