[Cover Letter] Should be no Grammar or spelling mistake, but some parts sounds wired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Hi! Anybody could help me with this? I do fix it a lot but it still sounds a little wired when I read it...:-D:-D

Please help me to make it sounds more natural.

Start

The AAA has no doubt served as a landmark for geologists in China. However, it is really fortunate that your CEO, Mr. LLLL, mentioned me about the opportunity to be a junior geologist in AAA Canada after I get my master degree in University of BBBB.

In November, I will graduate from the University of BBBB with a Master of Science degree in CCCC. Throughout my university career, I have gained combined knowledge on geology, geophysics and petroleum engineering from my master courses, including Hydrocarbon Reservoir Analysis, Structure, Basin Analysis, Seismic Interpretation, Well Logging, Ichnology, and Petroleum Production etc. Strong professional skills are also developed during several projects, and some of them are well expressed using multiple way including posters and presentations.

My parents are geologists in DDDDDD Oilfield where I grew up, thus the totally comprehension of how important the sustainable development is for the oilfield makes me interested in unconventional reservoirs. I adapt well to changing environments – I was the volunteer helped to mark the geological presentations in the international conference in Canada, I was the team leader trusted by my international friends in the university, and all these happened in the first year I came to Canada. I also like to try new effective method. For one of my assignments, I used AI to draw the core log instead of pencil. It costs me a little more time, but a true scale core log in higher resolution was finished on time. The symbol patterns I built will also help me to finish a similar work rapidly in the future.

I am confident my education background and relative experiences will add further value and success to AAA.

End

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Let's see what we can do.

Start

The AAA has no doubt served as a landmark for geologists in China. However, it is really fortunate that your CEO, Mr. LLLL, told me about the opportunity to be a junior geologist in AAA Canada after I get my master's degree at the University of BBBB.

In November, I will graduate from the University of BBBB with a Master of Science degree in CCCC. Throughout my university career, I have studied geology, geophysics and petroleum engineering. I have also studied hydrocarbon reservoir analysis, basin analysis, seismic interpretation, well logging, ichnology, and petroleum production. I have also developed skills at doing presentations using posters and other materials.

The rest of it is too hard for me to figure out. (You need to make shorter, simpler sentences.) In any case, I doubt that you grew up in an oilfield.

(You will simply have to rewrite the last part. Simplify!)

:)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Thank you sooo much for your rapid reply! I am working on it to make the last paragraph simpler, I am very appreciate for your advise!

In the last paragraph, I just want to say 3 points: 1) I grow up in an oilfield and I am familiar with oilfield stuff since I was a child
2) I adapt quickly, the evidence is I did good job in some international conference after I have been Canada in one year
and 3) I like to try new effective method, the evidence is I tried some new method in one of my assignments.

Anyway, I will try to improve it with your advise. Really thank you!!!!!!!:-D

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Should be no Grammar or spelling mistake, but some parts sounds weird

Thank you sooo much for your rapid reply! I am working on it to make the last paragraph simpler. I very appreciate your advice.

That's too many o's in so. ;-)

In the last paragraph, I just want to make 3 points: 1) I grow up in an oilfield and I have been familiar with oilfield stuff since I was a child
2) I adapt quickly. The evidence is I did good job in some international conference after I had been Canada for one year.
and 3) I like to try new methods. The evidence is I tried some new method on one of my assignments.

Anyway, I will try to improve it with your advice. Really thank you!!!!!!!:-D

The word "advise" is only a verb. Example: "I advise you to quit misspelling things."

;-)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Should be no Grammar or spelling mistake, but some parts sounds weird

Note that nothing in your piece sounds "wired". You needed to use "weird".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Should be no Grammar or spelling mistake, but some parts sound weird

Well, emsr2d2​, you missed two goofs in my post.

1. It should say some parts sound weird.​ (Fixed that.)
2. I should have said: "I very much appreciate your advice."

:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK