Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
Sudan
Hello, I want to apply for a PhD in European countries, like Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and so on. Could you please check my motivation letter and give some comments! Thank you all! I am also grateful to hear some suggestions.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Letter of motivation [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am writing in response to the advertisement for [/FONT][FONT=&quot][xxx][/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I respectfully submit this letter of motivation, for I believe my academic and professional experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the [/FONT][xxx][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]project.[/FONT]
I am a holder of a master of science in computer engineering from University of [XXX] in [my country], which is the leading university in computer science and engineering in my country. Currently I look into options for getting a PhD.

[FONT=&quot]Prior to having my Master degree, I graduated from University of [XXX] with a BSc. in Computer Engineering. During my undergraduate study I attended courses in Software engineering and studied the software development approaches. In the fourth year of undergraduate study I participated in a project for developing a program to model the operation of a medical device called [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]XXX[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I also was excited in programming especially with Object Oriented approaches. My undergraduate study included a course titled [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]object-oriented programming using C++[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. From this course I gained a full understanding of the object-oriented programming. Additionally I submitted a project called [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]XXX[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]which was a requirement to pass the aforementioned course. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After graduating from the University of Science and Technology, I obtained a demonstrator job in the same university. During my work in the university my role was to assist the teaching staff of the department of Software Engineering. I worked as a teaching assistant in the laboratory of C++ programming, where I developed teaching and programming skills. I also assist in teaching UML and the Software development approaches courses. My work in the university gave me the required skills as well as the[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]enthusiasm to start a job in software development and software engineering field. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Concurrently, I boosted my programming skills by learning Java, Html, and Php programming languages. To do so I depend on myself as well as on the online learning materials. I spent approximately a year to be professional in programming with Java, Html, and Php. After that I started with my friends and colleagues a project to develop a web application that aims to be a public shopping web service. The project name was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]XXX[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]the project succeeded but publish online for only six months because the lack of funding.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parallel with my work in the university and the personal projects development, I also have worked as an IT Engineer with [XXX]. During my IT work I found that it’s very important to have knowledge in how to test the software used in the water treatment operations. I learned how to [/FONT]evaluate the software items to detect differences between given input and expected output.[FONT=&quot] This work gave me the enthusiasm to learn more about Software Testing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During my master study I boosted my research skills and learned the required knowledge of research methodology. While I search for a topic to do my master thesis research, I read many articles about [XXX] programming language. Specifically I browsed the website [XXX] . I deeply read the contents of the website and found videos on YouTube that gave me a full understanding of this interested programming language. I also learned how to program using Eiffel and I keen to learn more about the concurrent programming capabilities in this programming language when using the SCOOP programming model. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been very active in both my academic and professional career in parallel. I have gained an interdisciplinary experience which enables me to pursue my PhD studies in Software Engineering, specifically in Software Testing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
I would like to be selected for the [FONT=&quot][XXX] PhD Scholarships and to be a PhD student with [XXX] project team,[/FONT] because I think this project gives me the opportunity to develop and improve in a research field that is part of my professional goals. I think such a PhD study offers to me the possibility of receiving a complete training in concurrent programs testing as well as the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary environment, of a highly qualified academic level.

I believe that I can face the rigorous challenges posed by PhD research, and will try my best to contribute to your project. I hope your Institute and research team will provide me with the opportunity to pursue and realize my dream.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I remain at your disposal for any further information, thank you in advance for your attention.

Sincerely,

JackJ

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello, I want to apply for a PhD in European countries, like Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands and so on. Could you please check my motivation letter and give some comments! Thank you all! I am also grateful to hear some suggestions.

Letter of motivation

I am writing in response to the advertisement for [xxx]. I respectfully submit this letter of motivation, for I believe my academic and professional experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the [xxx]project.
I am a holder of a master of science in computer engineering from University of [XXX] in [my country], which is the leading university in computer science and engineering in my country. Currently I look into options for getting a PhD.

Prior to having my Master degree, I graduated from University of [XXX] with a BSc. in Computer Engineering. During my undergraduate study I attended courses in Software engineering and studied the software development approaches. In the fourth year of undergraduate study I participated in a project for developing a program to model the operation of a medical device called XXX. I also was excited in programming especially with Object Oriented approaches. My undergraduate study included a course titled object-oriented programming using C++. From this course I gained a full understanding of the object-oriented programming. Additionally I submitted a project called XXXwhich was a requirement to pass the aforementioned course.

After graduating from the University of Science and Technology, I obtained a demonstrator job in the same university. During my work in the university my role was to assist the teaching staff of the department of Software Engineering. I worked as a teaching assistant in the laboratory of C++ programming, where I developed teaching and programming skills. I also assist in teaching UML and the Software development approaches courses. My work in the university gave me the required skills as well as the enthusiasm to start a job in software development and software engineering field.

Concurrently, I boosted my programming skills by learning Java, Html, and Php programming languages. To do so I depend on myself as well as on the online learning materials. I spent approximately a year to be professional in programming with Java, Html, and Php. After that I started with my friends and colleagues a project to develop a web application that aims to be a public shopping web service. The project name was XXX the project succeeded but publish online for only six months because the lack of funding.

Parallel with my work in the university and the personal projects development, I also have worked as an IT Engineer with [XXX]. During my IT work I found that it’s very important to have knowledge in how to test the software used in the water treatment operations. I learned how to evaluate the software items to detect differences between given input and expected output. This work gave me the enthusiasm to learn more about Software Testing.

During my master study I boosted my research skills and learned the required knowledge of research methodology. While I search for a topic to do my master thesis research, I read many articles about [XXX] programming language. Specifically I browsed the website [XXX] . I deeply read the contents of the website and found videos on YouTube that gave me a full understanding of this interested programming language. I also learned how to program using Eiffel and I keen to learn more about the concurrent programming capabilities in this programming language when using the SCOOP programming model.

I have been very active in both my academic and professional career in parallel. I have gained an interdisciplinary experience which enables me to pursue my PhD studies in Software Engineering, specifically in Software Testing.

I would like to be selected for the [XXX] PhD Scholarships and to be a PhD student with [XXX] project team, because I think this project gives me the opportunity to develop and improve in a research field that is part of my professional goals. I think such a PhD study offers to me the possibility of receiving a complete training in concurrent programs testing as well as the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary environment, of a highly qualified academic level.

I believe that I can face the rigorous challenges posed by PhD research, and will try my best to contribute to your project. I hope your Institute and research team will provide me with the opportunity to pursue and realize my dream.

I remain at your disposal for any further information, thank you in advance for your attention.

Sincerely,
Hi ahmadalh,

You motivation letter needs some extensive editing. This will take quite some time and effort. Did Google for professional proofreading services? For about 10-20 euro they can help you make a great motivation letter.

I don't know i I'm allowed to posts links. Please remove it if its not allowed. A company like this can help you: https://www.scribbr.com/proofreading-editing/rates/ They have edited my thesis and did a great job :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.