Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
United States
I'm 35 years old and i have been In united states for 2 years. My mean concern is pronounciation. I have a very Heavy accent and i have also a poor vocabulary. I made a progress because In the begining when i just came to the us a was enable to speak or even undrestand the talk. Now i'am able to speak and undrestand but many poeple are not able sometimes to undrestand somes words because of my pronounciation.
i'am planning to Work and i would Like To do the same job that i did when i was overseas. I worked like an auditor.
i would to have some advices or Help to improve my pronounciation and devellope my vocabulary.

Thanks in advance,

sincerely

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi [STRIKE]every body[/STRIKE] everybody.

I'm 35 years old and I have been in The United States for 2 years. My [STRIKE]mean[/STRIKE] main concern is [STRIKE]pronounciation[/STRIKE] pronunciation. I have a very heavy accent and I have also a poor vocabulary. I have made [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] progress because in the beginning, when I had just [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] arrived [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in the [STRIKE]us a[/STRIKE] USA, I was [STRIKE]enable[/STRIKE] unable to speak or even [STRIKE]undrestand[/STRIKE] understand the [STRIKE]talk[/STRIKE] language. Now [STRIKE]i'am[/STRIKE] I'm able to speak and [STRIKE]undrestand[/STRIKE] understand but sometimes many [STRIKE]poeple[/STRIKE] people are not able [STRIKE]sometimes[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]undrestand[/STRIKE] understand [STRIKE]somes[/STRIKE] some of my words because of my [STRIKE]pronounciation[/STRIKE] pronunciation.

[STRIKE]i'am[/STRIKE] I'm planning to work and I would like to do the same job that I did when I was overseas. I worked [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] as an auditor.
I would like to have some [STRIKE]advices[/STRIKE] advice or help to improve my [STRIKE]pronounciation[/STRIKE] pronunciation and [STRIKE]devellope[/STRIKE] develop my vocabulary.

Thanks in advance.

[STRIKE]sincerely[/STRIKE] Unnecessary

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see the numerous corrections I have made to your post. I think you have more problems than pronunciation. Your written English needs to improve a lot especially if you want to work in the USA. You will have to complete job application forms and, if you work as an auditor, you will have to write complex reports. Look at all my corrections very carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.