Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Critique For Grammar

I want tell you about Whody, but I have go to bed soon, and don’t know if I have the time to do him justice. He was the most unusual dog I have ever known. He is the only male dog I have ever seen expression love for his puppies. It was some years ago in the summer that I just happen to look out the door window and I saw something dark down the road in the distance. I could not tell what it was so I walked down there to see. It was a large black dog tided to a power pole with his head up against the pole. He was tided so that his head was stretched up and he could not lay down. I looked around and did not see a living soul, so I took out my knife and cut the dog loose from the pole. The dog did nothing but lay beside the pole. I went back to the house and told my wife. Now my wife has the heart of Gangues khan but ever thing else is a push over. She was distressed she said,” the dog must have been there all night”. She insisted that I take the dog some water and I did. She was right the dog gulped down every drop, and kept licking the bowl even after it was empty, but still would not leave the pole.
    I told my wife how the dog acted. She said we take him some dog food. I told her that was not a logical thing to do. If we fed him he would adopt us and we could not really afford another dog at the time. And, he was in no danger of starving. A dog could live for weeks without food. If the dog got hungry or thirsty enough he would go in search of food and water. Well, when she started telling me how mean I was and asking how would I like it if it was me, I started thinking for my own well being I better do it. When I walking out of the house, I did not see him but I did not think much about it. I figured that he was lying down below the grass line. But, when I got to the end of the driveway I still did not see him. I went back to the house and told the wife that the dog had left. The next day after church we stop at my mother’s house. My brother who lived on the same road happened to be there. He asked me, “Have you seen that dog down below your house guarding that power pole”. I asked him,” What do you mean”. He said, “ when ever car come by he runs out of the grass barks at it like he is trying to scare it away”. My brother then said he thought the dog had been trained as a guard dog. He also said that he thought that he dog had been abused. I asked him how he knew that. He said look how the dog lowers his head and tucks his tail between legs when you go near him. He then said,” you should get that dog he would make a good watchdog for you. And, where you live you could use another dog”. My section of the road is rather lonely. When we got back to the house my wife insisted that I go get the dog. She said the poor dog deserves someone to love him. I still was not sure we could afford to take care of another animal, but I went to get he dog anyway. He would come when I called. But, he would not leave the pole, so I connected my leash to his collar. I checked his collar and there was no name on it. I pulled on the lease and he came but not willing. He walked as if he was a prisoner on the way to a firing squad. To be continued.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Critique For Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by searcher
    I want tell you about Whody, but I have go to bed soon, and don’t know if I have the time to do him justice. He was the most unusual dog I have ever known. He is the only male dog I have ever seen expression love for his puppies. It was some years ago in the summer that I just happen to look out the door window and I saw something dark down the road in the distance. I could not tell what it was so I walked down there to see. It was a large black dog tided to a power pole with his head up against the pole. He was tided so that his head was stretched up and he could not lay down. I looked around and did not see a living soul, so I took out my knife and cut the dog loose from the pole. The dog did nothing but lay beside the pole. I went back to the house and told my wife. Now my wife has the heart of Gangues khan but ever thing else is a push over. She was distressed she said,” the dog must have been there all night”. She insisted that I take the dog some water and I did. She was right the dog gulped down every drop, and kept licking the bowl even after it was empty, but still would not leave the pole.
    I told my wife how the dog acted. She said we take him some dog food. I told her that was not a logical thing to do. If we fed him he would adopt us and we could not really afford another dog at the time. And, he was in no danger of starving. A dog could live for weeks without food. If the dog got hungry or thirsty enough he would go in search of food and water. Well, when she started telling me how mean I was and asking how would I like it if it was me, I started thinking for my own well being I better do it. When I walking out of the house, I did not see him but I did not think much about it. I figured that he was lying down below the grass line. But, when I got to the end of the driveway I still did not see him. I went back to the house and told the wife that the dog had left. The next day after church we stop at my mother’s house. My brother who lived on the same road happened to be there. He asked me, “Have you seen that dog down below your house guarding that power pole”. I asked him,” What do you mean”. He said, “ when ever car come by he runs out of the grass barks at it like he is trying to scare it away”. My brother then said he thought the dog had been trained as a guard dog. He also said that he thought that he dog had been abused. I asked him how he knew that. He said look how the dog lowers his head and tucks his tail between legs when you go near him. He then said,” you should get that dog he would make a good watchdog for you. And, where you live you could use another dog”. My section of the road is rather lonely. When we got back to the house my wife insisted that I go get the dog. She said the poor dog deserves someone to love him. I still was not sure we could afford to take care of another animal, but I went to get he dog anyway. He would come when I called. But, he would not leave the pole, so I connected my leash to his collar. I checked his collar and there was no name on it. I pulled on the lease and he came but not willing. He walked as if he was a prisoner on the way to a firing squad. To be continued.
    Does anyone wish for me to finish the story?