Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Europe
Hi guys
Could you help me make this paragraph more interesting ? I am so tired (20hours work/day) and I cannot think clearly.

There are so many overlapping words.

Please help me and thank you very much

Before proceed further, Saigon Coop needs to address the choice between standardization and adaptability of each mix element. Levitt (1983) suggests that business could take advantage of technology by adopting a standardized approach that will result in products of high quality and low costs for world markets. However Lipman (1988) argues that the standardized marketing theory itself is bankrupt. Not only are cultural and other factors differences variables, but marketing a single product one way everywhere can have a negative effect on consumer demand, alienate employees, and create a dead end to an organization. “Success is not dependent upon adaptation or standardization, but it depends upon merging the two and finding the right level of standardization and adaptation across the marketing mix elements and marketing strategies for each country” (Vrontis & Thrassou, 2007). Therefore, based on the screening on Laos early on, both micro and macro environment factors are they key to decide which element should go for standardization or adaptation.

• As for Product: Saigon Co.op will standardize the current product hierarchy. However, due to the nature of business, the business needs to adapt local products and brands but not too strict about standardization. As for the reason, it is a huge opportunity to export and promote Vietnamese merchandise. It is required to translate good’s labels to Lao or English.
  • As for Pricing: Saigon Co.op will encounter different local conditions such as: income, tax, regulation, pricing war and religion which affect a lot of the current pricing strategy. Price will be determined based on the local competitor. To bring down the expense and lower the price, distribution adaptation is related to the adjustment of the business's channels to the Laos market, including the criteria for selection of the distribution network, transportation arrangement and budget. For such scenario, Saigon Co.op will totally adapt themselves to response to the local process. A change must be made based on Laos’s currency.
  • As for Promotion: The current promotion strategy is great and work absolutely fine in Vietnam. In addition, new location in Vientiane – Laos will apply the same merchandise system management. Therefore, Saigon Co.op will not change the strategy, keep it as standard.
  • As for Place: Every single supermarket of Saigon Co.op has a different in exterior and interior design. It is depending on how big is the new location, Saigon co.op will totally adapt to the new circumstance.
  • As for Physical evidences, they will not be changed. The only factor that Saigon Co.op needs to consider to make an adaption is language. The current slogan is required to be translated in Lao to avoid miscommunication.
  • As for Process, Saigon Co.op will keep their standard procedure that has been developed ever since their first location in Vietnam. There is no need to modify because Saigon Co.op believes that the current procedure will work eventually. As the time goes on, adjustments will be made later if an issue occurs.
  • As for People: Saigon Co.op will somewhat adapt themselves a little to train the local. The firm will stay with tradition of serving customers over the past twenty years. A small adjustment will be made to match the language, cultural and religion of Laos to prevent taboos.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The first three words need correcting. You need either "Before proceeding further" or "Before they proceed further".

lmcvip

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Europe
The first three words need correcting. You need either "Before proceeding further" or "Before they proceed further".

oh god... I made a mistake at the first sentence...this is gonna bad. thanks:-?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Oh god. I made a mistake [strike]at[/strike] in the first sentence. This is [strike]gonna[/strike] going to be bad. Thanks. :-?

It is clear that you need to take more care with your written English all the time. Look at my corrections to this short post. Start every sentence with a capital letter. Don't connect sentences with strings of dots.

lmcvip

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Europe
I would appreciate it a lot for extra help. Anyone pleasE???

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I would appreciate [STRIKE]it [/STRIKE]a lot [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] any extra help. Anyone pleasE???

Before proceeding further, Saigon Coop(if it is co-operative, it is normally written as co-op) needs to address the choice between standardization and [STRIKE]adaptability[/STRIKE] adaption of each mix element(what is market mix element, for the uninitiated?).

Levitt (1983) suggests that business could take advantage of technology by adopting a standardized approach that will result in products of high quality and low costs for world markets.

However Lipman (1988) argues that the standardized (
approach?) marketing theory itself is bankrupt. Not only are cultural and other factors differences variables, but marketing a single product one way everywhere can have a negative effect on consumer demand, alienate employees, and create a dead end to an organization.

“Success is not dependent upon adaptation or standardization, but[STRIKE] it[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]depends[/STRIKE] upon merging the two and finding the right level of standardization and adaptation across the marketing mix elements and marketing strategies for each country” (Vrontis & Thrassou, 2007).

Therefore, based on the screening (
what screening?) [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in Laos early on, both micro and macro environment factors are the[STRIKE]y[/STRIKE] key to decide which element (what element?) should go for standardization or adaptation.

P.S.I think it is better to omit 'as for' before each factor in the list.

People: Saigon Co.op will [STRIKE]somewhat[/STRIKE] make some efforts to adapt themselves [STRIKE]a little [/STRIKE]to train the locals. The firm will stay with the tradition of serving customers over the past twenty years. [STRIKE]A [/STRIKE]s Small adjustments will be made to [STRIKE]match[/STRIKE] adapt to the language, [STRIKE]cultur[/STRIKE][STRIKE]al[/STRIKE] culture and religion of Laos to [STRIKE]prevent [/STRIKE][STRIKE]taboos[/STRIKE] take care of local sensitivities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.