Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Dear Editor,

I completely disagree with the article you published in “the Sun” newspaper titled “Do Athletes Deserve Millions?” in your article you talked about how athletes don’t deserve the millions they make. I’m writing to you to today to share the reasons for which I believe that professional athletes deserve every penny they make.

First of all, athletes are extremely talented and work hard for what they earn. Even though, what they actually do is not as important as what lawyers, engineers or even doctors are paid to do. However, they provide entertainment on a high level and are presented to the public as role models; Cristiano Ronaldo would be a great example, he is on every billboard in town and in every channel on television. There are many jobs created because of Professional athletes. Without the presence of athletes, fewer jobs would be distributed. All of the people who work at stadiums, sports complexes and venues wouldn't have their jobs in the first place.

Professional athletes grew up dedicating all of their time and effort towards their chosen sport. They sacrificed many things in order to get to the position they are in today. Starting from university, those athletes had to balance between school work, sports training and family time. They spend their whole lives practicing and working hard to reach a high level of excellence and perfection so that they can do what they love for a couple of years. Do you really think Cristiano Ronaldo reached this spectacular level of success without any hard work, sacrifice and practice?

To conclude, the life of a professional athlete is extremely challenging and difficult and I believe that they deserve what they make, in my personal view it is inaccurate to state that these athletes are overpaid because they've been working hard for it their whole lives.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Editor,

I completely disagree with the article you published in “the Sun” newspaper titled “Do Athletes Deserve Millions?” in your article you talked about how athletes don’t deserve the millions they make. I’m writing to you [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] today to share the reasons for which I believe that professional athletes deserve every penny they make.

First of all, athletes are extremely talented and work hard for what they earn. (True, what they actually do is not as important as what lawyers, engineers or even doctors are paid to do.) However, they provide entertainment on a high level and are presented to the public as role models; Cristiano Ronaldo would be a great example, he is on every billboard in town and in every channel on television. There are many jobs created because of professional athletes. Without the presence of athletes, fewer jobs would be available. All of the people who work at stadiums, sports complexes and venues wouldn't have their jobs in the first place.

Professional athletes grew up dedicating all of their time and effort towards their chosen sport. They sacrificed many things in order to get to the position they are in today. Starting from university, those athletes had to balance between school work, sports training and family time. They spend their whole lives practicing and working hard to reach a high level of excellence an[STRIKE]d perfection[/STRIKE] so that they can do what they love for a couple of years. Do you really think Cristiano Ronaldo reached this spectacular level of success without any hard work, sacrifice and practice?

To conclude, the life of a professional athlete is extremely challenging and difficult, and I believe that they deserve what they make. In my personal view it is inaccurate to state that these athletes are overpaid, because they've been working hard for it their whole lives.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.