Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi guys,
I came across this great book when I was visiting Rachel's English website. For those of you who wonder who Rachel is, simply visit her website at http://www.rachelsenglish.com. Back to the book, it's called 'A Year in the Life of an ESL Student' by Edward Francis and you can find it on Amazon. It offers tons of common American idioms which you may see very often in movies, books, or hear Americans using them every day. It also has many exercises with answers to help you memorize the idioms that you've just learned. I myself was skeptical at first about buying the book because I'm on a budget, but giving the fact that I usually found myself being hung up on dialogues that Americans say in movies or daily life, I decided to give it a try and I'm glad that I don't have to kick myself for doing so. The book is not kind of run of the mill but an outstanding one. I've learned a lot of idioms since then. So, take it from me, you should check it out. Hope anyone would share other great books too ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.