Hello, Though i am a junior student to you,
I believe that Plummy accent is more like speaking clearly and precisely, from past few months i am practicing a small exercise mentioned below: Hope it would serve you in order to get plummy accent... It has helped me a lot.
In Case if you have any method to obtain Plummy Accent, Could you please share it with me?
Speaking clearly and efficiently proposing your ideas is a must in modern society. Steps
- Practice enunciating your words. Usually, a pen put in the mouth, horizontally, will force you to enunciate your words more.
- Talk more slowly. You have no idea how helpful it is to give your words and extra second or two to fully come out of your mouth. Pausing also works, because pausing allows the person you're speaking to digest all of the words you've just said.
- Practice your grammar. If your grammar is bad, your thoughts and ideas may not be perceived clearly.
- Learn some vocabulary. Learning the right words to say certain things is also very helpful.
- Try listening to yourself using a voice-recorder. Usually, this will help you determine what you would need to work on.
- When in a conversation, take some time to ask if the other person understands what you're trying to say. If she/he doesn't, try rephrasing what you just said
- Keep it simple. Sometimes, a simple explanation is all you need to speak clearly.
Things you’ll need
- When practicing with the pen to help you enunciate, don't choke on the pen.
- Don't over think it when you speak to others because you may end up making the situation worse.
- An understanding friend or family member to help you, and give you tips on what to practice.
Do Reply......... Thank you.
Your Junior Friend,