Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me with my motivation letter. The deadline is in early Jan. Thank you in advance!!!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter, I would like to submit my application for joining in the master programme provided by FIPDes in the field of Food Innovation andProduction Design.

I was born in xxx Province, China and studied Biological Engineering from 2010 to 2014 in xxx University,where I obtained a bachelor degree with a GPA of 85. During my Bachelor study, I have learned the professional knowledge of biological science and basic fermentation technology on the production of animo acid, enzyme, alcohol,etc. With a wish to gain experience of an international research work and expand my horizon I applied an internship at Diversey in the Netherlands in 2013 and was offered a place out of 12 candidates at the R&D center of Diversey. The internship at Diversey was an exciting year, and allowed me gain broad knowledge on food safety, facility hygiene and product protection. Selecting the best options, making formulations out of them, coming up with new methodology and testing the products took up the biggest part of my work. I also learned how to develop the product by connecting lab test with field test. For the good progress I made, I earned compliment from the project manager. Besides the new knowledge on chemistry, the internship acquainted me with improved research skills, communication skills, problem-solving capacity and critical thinking. The experience on food packaging and facility hygiene industry made me know the importance of sustainability in developed countries and realize the gap between Europe and China in science and technology. The fact that more practical and effective actions are being taken to meet the requirement of sustainability in Europe reveals the critical regulation and innovation systems accordingly.

Apart from the academic learning, I sought for opportunities to mine the potential and strengths of my soft skills. I joined the Practice Department of Student Union in my freshman year, and was responsible for propagandizing and implementing various activities for students. Additionally, I started a part-time job in a languages training organization and was responsible for giving courses introduction and students recruitment. The classes were carried out successfully and I won myself an opportunity to take free Japanese classes due to my good performance. All these experience enhanced my comprehensive ability, especially for my persistence, sense of responsibility and sociability.

As a bioengineering major, the subject that concerns with wine or beer brewing technology attracted me the most. The intriguing flavour and appearance of the wine stimulated my curiosity and passion on how brewing process and original materials affect the former. When thinking of being employed in the sector, I keenly felt the lack of knowledge obtained over undergraduate period hence planned to enlarge my academic knowledge base. The internship in the professional and vibrant R&D environment strengthened my wish to continue my study in Europe. The courses of FIPDes together with high quality industrial practice will be a perfect complement to my academic background and promote my creativity. The mobility around European universities will allow me not only to get well educated in top institutions like AgroParisTech with various academic styles, but to soak in the diverse culture. I believe my current knowledge meets the academic requirement for the entry to the programme already. With my past learning and work experience I think I have the skills in conditions of knowledge grasp, research, communication and adaption to fit in with the needs of the courses. I strongly feel I deserve a place here for I have the enthusiasm with a high level of motivation and abilities to contribute to the development of food products.

Based on my background and interest, I think it is a good turning point for me to start graduate study in FIPDes programme. The high standard education, dynamic international learning environment and interaction with people from different background is exactly what I am looking for on my study. With intercultural skills, strong perseverance and spirit of adventure, I am positive that I will carry out my following study successfully hence be able to step forward to be a qualified engineer in food industry.

Yours sincerely,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have you read any of the other letters that have already been posted here, and did you learn anything from doing that? (I have already proofed several of these things, and I am not sure why I should keep doing it over and over.)

(You might want to wait until I have actually done something for you before thanking me. That is what the "Like" buttons are for.)
:-|

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please help me with my motivation letter. The deadline is in early Jan. [STRIKE]Thank you in advance!!!![/STRIKE]

1. Don't thank me in advance. Instead, click the "Like" or "Thank" button.
2. Calm down. ;-)

Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter, I would like to submit my application for joining in the master's programme provided by FIPDes in the field of food innovation and production design.

Find out who you should be addressing the letter to, and address it to that person.

What is food innovation? (I am pretty sure that is not a proper noun.)

I was born in xxx Province, China and I studied biological engineering from 2010 to 2014 at xxx University,where I obtained a bachelor's degree with a GPA of 85.

Unless it is the name of the course, don't capitalize biological engineering. For example, you would not capitalize mathematics. ​Also, a GPA is normally something like 3, 3.5, or 4.

Last edited:

sunqingqing

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you for the correction.I had someone (not a native speaker) correct it before I post it here so I only read a few other letters in the forum.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you for the corrections. I had someone (not a native speaker) correct it before I posted it here, so I have only read a few of the other letters in this folder.

I hope we have been helpful. Feel free to ask for more help if you need any. (Now you can give me some Likes.)

engs

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
can you check my letter too?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you check my letter too?

Welcome to the forum, engs. :hi:

If you want us to check your letter, please start a new thread and write your letter in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.