Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
Hi,

Could you help me please? Not sure here is the right place to ask, but I want to improve my English.. This is my first time using this forum btw :)

I had a smooth job interview this Friday and I would like to send a thank you email to the manager the following Monday. During the interview, he asked me to be patient and send him a reminder email about something next week.. Is it appropriate for me to include the following sentence at the end of my thank you email? Or should I not talk about it at all?

"P.S. I will send you a reminder email by the end of this week to kindly request a SAS project for the second interview."

Thank you very much for your help, online teachers.
Have a nice weekend,
Jenny

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would not do that in the thank you note.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I know nothing of Chinese culture, so I may be way off base on this. But here is my advice. Don't send him a separate thank you note the following Monday. Just send him the reminder he asked for, and include your thanks with that. This shows strength, confidence, and the ability to listen and take instructions.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
American business culture is just the opposite. You send a thank you note immediately after a good interview. It shows courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.