Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi all,
Could you correct any errors in this text? Thanks in advance :)

What are the principles of responsible tourism? In what ways are they not always respected?

The responsible tourism is a type of tourism that respect the local culture and the local community of a place and its environment.

It aims to help poor areas to develop in a sustainable way without damage the environment and without exploit or exclude the population that lives in that place, but including this population giving them the control of their territory and helping them in a definitive way which provides a reasonable standard quality of life and will provides it also for their sons.

Unfortunately this type of tourism wasn't bring forward in the last years and in some countries still isn't used.
Some countries in Africa, South America or Asia were exploited by companies without scruples.
Those companies have bought hotels, chain of shops (like fast-foods) that didn't respect the principles of responsible tourism. In fact those buildings don't provide local and traditional articles but cheaper and imported foods or souvenirs.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is this an exercise from the same Cambridge book you mentioned in your other post? If so, please give us the title, edition and page number that this exercise is taken from.

paulxx

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
No, it isn't. I found it in my ex high-school's book of English, and since it can be an argument of the BEC exam I decided to do it :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all,
Could you correct any errors in this text? Thanks in advance. [strike]:)[/strike] Don't make up your own emoticons.

What are the principles of responsible tourism? In what ways are they not always respected?

[STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Responsible tourism is a type of tourism that respects the [STRIKE]local[/STRIKE] culture and the [STRIKE]local[/STRIKE] community of a place and its environment.

It aims to help poor areas to develop in a sustainable way without damaging the environment and without exploiting or excluding the local population [STRIKE]that lives in that place[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] while [STRIKE]including[/STRIKE] giving this population [STRIKE]giving them the[/STRIKE] control [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] over their territory and helping them in a definitive way [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] to provide[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] a reasonable [STRIKE]standard[/STRIKE] quality of life (or "standard of living") [STRIKE]and will provides it also for[/STRIKE] for them and their [STRIKE]sons[/STRIKE] children.

Unfortunately, this type of tourism [STRIKE]wasn't[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]bring forward[/STRIKE] hasn't moved forward in [STRIKE]the last[/STRIKE] recent years and, in some countries, it still isn't used.

Some countries in Africa, South America [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and Asia [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] have been exploited by unscrupulous companies. [STRIKE]without scruples.[/STRIKE] Those companies have bought hotels and chains of shops (like fast-food[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] outlets) that [STRIKE]didn't[/STRIKE] don't respect the principles of responsible tourism. In fact those [STRIKE]buildings[/STRIKE] businesses don't [STRIKE]provide[/STRIKE] use/sell/stock local and traditional articles but cheaper, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] imported foods [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and souvenirs.

See above for my suggested amendments to some grammar, punctuation and word order. I have not rewritten the whole thing, but have tried to stay as close to your original sentences and meanings as possible.

paulxx

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thank you emsr2d2, I'm improving a lot my english in this forum.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you emsr2d2, I'm improving [strike]a lot[/strike] my English a lot in (or "on") this forum.

Note my amendments above. Remember how important it is to capitalise proper nouns. Also note that it is not necessary to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful. It saves time for everyone.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Unfortunately, this type of tourism wasn'tbring forwardhasn't moved forward in the lastrecent years and, in some countries, it still isn't used.

Unfortunately, this type of tourism has not been adopted in recent years and, in some countries, it still has not caught on.

Responsible tourism is a concept similar to Sustainability and Environmental Friendliness.

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.