Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Macau
Current Location
Macau
I am practicing my writing skills preparing for the upcoming TOEFL exam, and hope someone can give me advises to further improve my writing skills.

The reading states that AIDS advocacy group (AAGs), tries to help AIDS’s patients more easily to obtain medicines, provides three methods of supports. However, the lecture refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the reading claims that major drug company should lower the price of AIDS drug. In contrary to this point, the lecture argues that such method may hinder investors pour money into company to produce any new medicines.

Second, the reading suggests that getting government engagement into buying AIDS medicines at a large quantity can benefit both patients and major drug company. Nevertheless, the lecture claims that because most poor countries rely heavily on material import, governments do not have enough money to pay for the drugs.

Third, the reading encourages manufacturing AIDS drug inside poor countries might lower the cost of the drug, and it believes this method can reduce the costs of making new drug. However, the lecture discredits this method and says such method will produce tinted drug that endanger AIDS patients.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I am practi[STRIKE]cing[/STRIKE]sing my writing skills [STRIKE]preparing[/STRIKE] to prepare for the upcoming TOEFL exam, and hope someone can give me advi[STRIKE]ses[/STRIKE]ce to further improve my writing skills.

The reading (what reading) states that the AIDS advocacy group (AAGs) (,) tries to help AIDS (’s) patients [STRIKE]more easily[/STRIKE] to obtain medicines more easily[STRIKE], provides[/STRIKE] by providing three methods of support[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. However, the lecture refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the reading (?) claims that major drug [STRIKE]company[/STRIKE] companies should lower the price of AIDS drug. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] Contrary to this point, the lecture argues that such a method may [STRIKE]hinder [/STRIKE] discourage investors from [STRIKE]pour money into[/STRIKE] investing in a company to produce [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] new medicines.

Second, the reading suggests that getting the government [STRIKE]engagement into[/STRIKE] to buy[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] AIDS medicines [STRIKE]at a[/STRIKE] in large [STRIKE]quantity[/STRIKE] quantities can benefit both patients and the major drug company. Nevertheless, the lecture claims that because most poor countries rely heavily on material imports, governments do not have enough money to pay for the drugs.

Third, the reading encourages the manufacturing of AIDS drug carried out in[STRIKE]side[/STRIKE] poor countries which might lower the cost of the drug, and it believes this method can reduce the costs of making the new drug. However, the lecture discredits this method and says such method will produce [STRIKE]tinted[/STRIKE] tainted drug that endanger AIDS patients.

not a teacher

Last edited:

bennyipfar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Macau
Current Location
Macau
Thz a lot! I'll spend more time to work on my poor grammar.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You are welcome.
Note that I missed out a 'which' after 'poor countries' in the last paragraph.
I am still curious what you mean by 'the reading'.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thz a lot! I'll spend more time to work on my poor grammar.

Note that "thz" is not a word. I've never even seen that version. I've seen "Thx" more times than I care to count. Neither of them are acceptable. The word is "Thanks". We discourage the use of textspeak and chatlish on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.