Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hello,
May I please get assistance.
I am seeking a postdoc position, I have to write a cover letter in English.
I just need to make sure this letter is alright. May you check it please? Any advice to improve it is welcome.
Thanks very much in advance

Dear Doctor,

I recently graduated from the University of Aix Marseille, France’s Biology Ph.D. program, where I completed my thesis work in IMBE , IRD’s laboratory. I am applying for the postdoctoral position available in your laboratory.
My thesis work has focused on the evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant molecules their therapeutic implication in the pathogenesis of infectious diseases. Intersting results were valorized by two patents and one published article and an other in press. My involvement in cell biology research is represented by an internship in which I conducted the study of immunoactive compounds and in vitro evaluation of their antiparasitic activity and absence of their cytotoxicity.
My domains of expertise are diverse and included cell biology via the preclinical development of new drugs for the therapy of cellular parasitic infection (leishmaniasis, malaria), microbiology via the study of the microbiota sensitivity to bioactive molecules, and the chemistry via the identification and chemical characterization of the bioactive compound. I was also able, through constant technological and scientific monitoring, adapt and develop my expertise in genetics and molecular biology.
Currently, I have become very interested in the study of the underlying mechanism of regulation and control cancer disease and the modification of the metabolic pathway associated in order to enhance the patterns of fight against cancer disease. The researches of your group are exactly congruent with my expectations. Thus, I am quite interested to join your team that allows me to make my first professional experience and contribute to your success by puting all my abilities at the service of your team for this noble objective.
Enthusiasm, self-motivation, creativity as well as a proactive approach to solving problems and developing new ideas, motivated and responsible, are keys personal attributes which characterize me, able to work independently and interactively in a team setting. I am confident that these skills would be of benefit to your company and would allow me to succeed in this role.
I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the ways in which my skills and experiences would be an asset to your lab. and am available for interview at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,
May I please get assistance.
I am seeking a postdoc position, I have to write a cover letter in English.
I just need to make sure this letter is alright. May you check it please? Any advice to improve it is welcome.
[STRIKE]Thanks very much in advance[/STRIKE]

Dear Doctor,

I recently graduated from the University of Aix Marseille, France’s Biology Ph.D. program, where I completed my thesis work in IMBE , IRD’s laboratory. I am applying for the postdoctoral position available in your laboratory.
My thesis work [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] focused on the evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant molecules and their therapeutic implication in the pathogenesis of infectious diseases. Interesting results were valorized by two patents and one published article and an other in press. My involvement in cell biology research is represented by an internship in which I conducted the study of immunoactive compounds and in vitro evaluation of their antiparasitic activity and absence of their cytotoxicity.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.