Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Teachers,

I have made my resignation letter. Is it grammatically correct?
Thanks in advance

January 24, 2015

Mrs. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
School Principal
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Inc.
xxxxxxxx District, xxxxxx City

Madam:

My sincerest greetings!

It had been a wonderful opportunity on my part to have served your institution – the institution which I have grown to love because of the people who surrounded me throughout the duration of my stay. Yes, my three year- stay at Mother Goose has been a very meaningful one for I was able to work with brilliant and wonderful children, cooperative parents, supportive colleagues and good administrators. I guess, wherever fate may take me, the memories of my stay at MGP will always linger.

However, I have reached a point wherein I have to tender my resignation effective April, 2015. I am making this move in connection with the career path redirection I have decided to take. Rest assured that I will always be grateful for the chance you have given me to serve your school.

Thank you and God bless!

Respectfully,

Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well, it's a very nice letter but I'm not sure how professional it is. Generally, a resignation letter goes:

Dear [name of boss/HR officer/whoever is responsible]

I wish to tender my resignation. I hereby give my requisite one month's notice. My final day with [name of company] will be Friday February 20th, 2015.

Yours sincerely

[Your name]

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am having trouble figuring out the point of a resignation letter. Can't you just tell your boss you have found a new job?
:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ah, if only the bureaucracy of HR did not require written confirmation of resignation and the date it will take effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.