Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Denmark
1. In each of the following sentences underline the verb or verbs and identify the form / tense used.

a) We never go to the theatre these days. present simple
b) We’re saving up to travel abroad. present continious
c) We’ve already been to Europe. past simple
d) We didn’t have enough money to go further.present
e) We had spent all our savings by the end of the summer. past
f) We’d been sleeping rough for several weeks when the weather turned colder. past continious
g) This year I’ve been awarded a travel scholarship. present
h) We’re going to travel for six months in Australia and I’m going to write a thesis on the local dialects. future simple
i) I think we’ll buy a camper van. present
j) By the year 2002 I’ll have completed most of my research. future progressive

I think i underlined the verbs right but i am so insecure about form or tense used im not sure what they mean but any help will help

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. In each of the following sentences underline the verb or verbs and identify the form / tense used.

a) We never go to the theatre these days. present simple :tick:
b) We’re saving up to travel abroad. present continuous :tick:
c) We’ve already been to Europe. past simple :cross: present perfect
d) We didn’t have enough money to go further.present :cross: past tense
e) We had spent all our savings by the end of the summer. past :cross: past perfect
f) We’d been sleeping rough for several weeks when the weather turned colder. past continuous :cross: past perfect continuous
g) This year I’ve been awarded a travel scholarship. present :cross: present perfect
h) We’re going to travel for six months in Australia and I’m going to write a thesis on the local dialects. future simple :cross: present continuous with a future meaning
i) I think we’ll buy a camper van. present :tick: The main verb is present tense; the clausal verb is future tense.
j) By the year 2002 I’ll have completed most of my research. future progressive :cross: future perfect

I think I underlined the verbs right, but I am so insecure about the forms or tenses used, I'm not sure what they mean. But any help will help.

MNY

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
With due respect,
'never' in a) is not a verb, nor is 'already' in c). Wrong words (not verbs) are underlined in d), g), h), i) and g). By contrast, you've missed verbs in b), c), d), f) and i).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think ​I underlined the verbs [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] correctly but I am [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very insecure about the form or tense used. [STRIKE]im[/STRIKE] I'm not sure what they mean but any help will help.

Please see my corrections above. Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular) and remember to end every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.