• Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

• Post Thanks / Like

Cool Only talking

Please, help me. If I meet some kind of English people and they are men how can I talking with them. What can I asking from them because they wont't thinking that I would like more, and not only practise my English. It's typical, because women want to talking some people in our country, they thinking that women would like to want more and not only talking. I think: who's thinking worse things that is bad. Thanks.
    Bye,
    Lyna

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Only talking

British people often don't astart up conversations with strangers, so there could be a misunderstanding if you did. A lot would depend on the place- I was at an art gallery this afternoon and someone started talking to me about a picture we were both admiring and that seemed perfectly natural. I wouldn't recommend approaching people in bars or where there is alcohol.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

• Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Only talking

Oh, I don't want to get to know somebody in bars, pubs etc. I write my situation and you'll understand everything.
    So, I work in a company and our parent company is English. Just we working in new projects. And naturally in our company are staying Englishmen in here. But I'm a labour's officer so my boss said that no needs to talk with these men. But, I would like, because it would be so simple to practise my English with native English people in here (my country) and I can't go to abroad. I'll like to go London, but at now it's impossible. So, I can't talking with them from the projects - because these not my works - what can I asking from them? Weather, family or anything else what I come to mind? I have a friend in London - who is hungarian - and she always said: talking, talking, talking - that's the way to practise my English. I think that she is right, but it's so difficult when you living and working with jealous and not too sympathetic people. Thanks your previous answer. It was good to chat with you.
    See'ya,
    Lyna