[Cover Letter] International management cover letter: could someone check it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmmi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Honduras
Current Location
France
Subject: Application for International Management Master, EBR program

It is with great pleasure that I submit my application for the Master of Science in International Management, EBR program. I am currently completing my bachelor degree in Management et Economie Appliquée (MAE) at IAE Lyon.

Born in El Salvador, I had my first international experience at nine years old, when my family and I moved to Honduras. Despite my youth, I noted several cultural differences and I always tried to understand and adapt to them. In 2012, I decided to continue my studies in France in order to broad my horizons and get a high level education. Since I lived in three different countries and traveled to more than fifteen countries in Europe and America, I was able to understand that international experiences involve open-mindedness to accept differences. These differences enrich our living background and complete the way we think.

Human beings are enriched by interactions. Similarly, market international exchanges allow countries to explore new opportunities. For this reason I think local problems have often a global solution and I am concerned about international business development and international project management. I am strongly interested in EBR program because of its ability to prepare managers to take action and make decisions in a changing international context.

This program offers as well the advantage of being general. As you can see in my transcripts, my scores show a satisfactory level in all subjects. In addition, my hobbies vary largely form playing the piano or music in general to ecology with my participation in associations such as GEA (Groupe d’Ecologie Active). By choosing my bachelor degree in Economics and Management, I was aiming to a multidisciplinary training. Now, as a future bachelor graduate I wish to continue my studies to contribute to society with a holistic view of business. I think that a robust development of organizations is possible with an overall growth rather than the evolution of one of its departments.

I am aware of the importance of speaking foreign languages in the economic environment and I am fluent in Spanish, French and English. In business, we should specially have a good command of English. That is why I undertook a two-month language stay in Toronto (Canada) in 2011. This also reinforces my decision of applying to EBR program as my preferred choice. In that way I would have the opportunity of studying in English as well as I would benefit of small class sizes.

Hard working and highly motivated I thank you for the consideration of my application.

Sincerely yours,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Despite my youth, I noticed several cultural differences, and I [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] tried to understand and adapt to them. In 2012, I decided to continue my studies in France in order to broaden my horizons and get a high level education. Since I have lived in three different countries and ​have traveled to more than fifteen countries in Europe and America, I [STRIKE]was able to[/STRIKE] understand that international experiences require the open-mindedness to accept differences. These differences enrich our living background and complete the way we think.

Three comments/questions.

1. Are you trilingual?
2. Are the schools in France better than those in Central America?
3. I do not understand the last sentence in the above paragraph.
:-?

Status
Not open for further replies.