Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hello! I am asking that you kindly check my motivation letter which I will send as an application for an ap programme in Denmark:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My Name is *name* and I am living in Hungary. I am writing to apply for admission into the Multimedia Design and Communication Degree programme at Business Academy Aarhus, with particular interest in the Web Development Top-Up graduation track. I am currently working full-time and on a passive semester on Geography at Faculty of Science, University of Pécs.

I have years of experience in web development and I am also passed an OKJ degree (Further Education in Hungary) in Internet Application Development and Software Development. I always had a strong interest in developing websites and multimedia applications, as the process of creating such pieces of work include both design and programming tasks and grants a sufficient level of creative freedom. I also have strong interest in any graphical process. I am always aware of the tiny details and I am trying to create appealing, informational and user-friendly interfaces.

The main reason I apply for Multimedia Design and Communication Degree is that I would like to gain deeper theoretical knowledge in higher level of education. I would like to develop my skills further and become a professional.Also, I would like to have more knowledge in both marketing and design. In addition, my goal is to learn how projects are handled from the beginning and refining my social skills via working with others as a team. Thereby my interest would become my profession.

I also have interest in studying abroad, as my long-term goal is to graduate and work in Denmark. I have never been in Denmark before, but the things that I heard and read about the country are very promising. As I have interest in movies with special style and theme, I have got a few Danish directors on my list of favorites. I am always eager to experience different cultures and people, and Aarhus seems to be a very friendly and rich place to explore. I lived in the past 5 years in Pécs, which is also a student city which I really like the atmosphere and appeal of. Aarhus is also a great place geographically which gives the city a unique feeling.

Therefore, my goal is to develop my skills and improve on them to a degree that would allow me to better understand the subtleties of the creative process used during multimedia design. I would very much like to achieve this through studying and following Multimedia Design and Communication courses within Business Academy Aarhus.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Thank you for your time and any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is a passive semester? (Say: "Any help would be greatly appreciated.")

:)

ppnhzk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
What is a passive semester? (Say: "Any help would be greatly appreciated.")

Passive semester: the semester in which the student announces to interrupt studies at the university by taking upno subjects or fails to register until the given deadline despite two given warnings. If the studentinterrupts studies, the particular semester is considered a passive one. If the student does not leave the institution then the next semester can be an active one and studies can be continued.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You are not taking any courses for that semester, but you have not withdrawn from the program?
:-?

Last edited:

ppnhzk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
You are not taking any courses for that semester, but you ha e not withdrawn from the program?
:-?

Yes. I believe that in Hungary I can have a maximum of 2 passive semesters however.

ppnhzk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Any ideas about the letter? I am looking for problems both grammar and composition wise. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re:

My Name is *name* and I am living in Hungary. I am writing to apply for admission into the Multimedia Design and Communication Degree programme at Business Academy Aarhus, with particular interest in the Web Development Top-Up graduation track. I am currently working full-time and on a passive semester on Geography at Faculty of Science, University of Pécs.

Say:

My Name is *name* and I am living in Hungary. I am writing to apply for admission into the Multimedia Design and Communication Degree programme at Business Academy Aarhus, with particular interest in the Web Development Top-Up graduation track. I am currently working full-time and am on a passive semester on Geography at Faculty of Science, University of Pécs.

There are not a lot of mistakes.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re:

I have years of experience in web development and I am also passed an OKJ degree (Further Education in Hungary) in Internet Application Development and Software Development. I always had a strong interest in developing websites and multimedia applications, as the process of creating such pieces of work include both design and programming tasks and grants a sufficient level of creative freedom. I also have strong interest in any graphical process. I am always aware of the tiny details and I am trying to create appealing, informational and user-friendly interfaces.

Say:

I have years of experience in web development and I have also earned an OKJ degree (Further Education in Hungary) in Internet Application Development and Software Development. I have always had a strong interest in developing websites and multimedia applications, as the process of creating such pieces of work include both design and programming tasks and grants a sufficient level of creative freedom. I also have strong interest in any graphical process. I am always aware of the tiny details and I am trying to create appealing, informational and user-friendly interfaces.

I suggest that you check to see if Internet Application Development and Software Development are proper nouns.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re:

The main reason I apply for Multimedia Design and Communication Degree is that I would like to gain deeper theoretical knowledge in higher level of education. I would like to develop my skills further and become a professional.Also, I would like to have more knowledge in both marketing and design. In addition, my goal is to learn how projects are handled from the beginning and refining my social skills via working with others as a team. Thereby my interest would become my profession.

Say:

The main reason I am applying for a Multimedia Design and Communications Degree is that I would like to gain deeper theoretical knowledge in those fields I want to make my career in. I would like to develop my skills further and become a professional. Also, I would like to have more knowledge in both marketing and design. In addition, my goal is to learn how projects are handled from the beginning and refining my social skills via working with others as part of a team. Thereby my interest would become my profession.

Feel free, of course, not to accept my suggestions. But perhaps you will agree that the change I suggested is an improvement. (You know what I mean.)

Status
Not open for further replies.