Student or Learner
Native Language
Afrikaans
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hallo teachers!
I wrote a short letter to future me. I hope that someone can check it for me before i send the letter. Thank you so much.:-o

Dear future me,

How is it going? Vincent. I am you in the past. It that everything okay? I hope you are doing well.

Today is 18/3. As you know, one and a half-week later will be my vitally significant day, the public examination. The examination will last for 2week. I am still really worried about it. I don’t know what to do. I just feel that I started losing my motivation, and I am slowly forgetting the original purpose for the repeating of public examination. I hope this letter could remind me the reasons of restudying in high school and my dream in my life.

Do you still remember Venus who was the girl you loved? She just liked a angel from the sky, I had never seen a beautiful girl like her before. When I first met her, I totally fell in love with her. However, I was not a well-educated and rich boy, and she was from a better family than mine. I know that the useless man like me could not give anything for her. I could not guarantee her life if she were with me. As a man, I couldn’t accept that my future wife and my baby son are starving everyday in every winter. Venus deserved a better guy but not the useless man like me. Therefore, I was afraid of having any close relationship with her and even all the girls in this world, because I was useless rubbish. I couldn’t bring happiness to anyone who was close to me even my family members, not to mention my wife.

After that, I decided to go back to high school, and I wanted to restart my life from the beginning. I didn’t want to be so lonely anymore. I believe that studying is my only way to attain success so I could get my life back as a normal human being. In this half year, I studied so hard everyday and never relaxed myself. I had so much pressure that no one could understand with but I bore all these pressure and pain. My only dream is improving myself so I could get approved to have a chance to study in a university, and then finding a good job and spreading happiness to the people around me. The dream seems to be quite normal but it is enough for me.

Hey, future me. What are you doing? Are you studying in university or at work? I just want to tell you that please do not forget your life- long dream, don’t give up yourself and I believe you can have a better life I am definitely sure! Who knows the future! I can’t predict what my or your future is but please cherish anything u already had and try harder for the dream.

Cheers,
Younger Vincent

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello teachers!
I wrote a short letter to future me. I hope that someone can check it for me before i send the letter. :-o

Remember to capitalize the pronoun I. (You got it right in the rest of the letter.)

Dear future me,

How is it going, Vincent? I am you in the past. Is everything okay? I hope you are doing well.

Can future Vincent reply to present Vincent?
:)

Today is 18/3. As you know, one and a half-weeks from now will be my vitally significant day, the public examination. The examination will last two weeks. I am still really worried about it. I don’t know what to do. I just feel that I have started losing my motivation, and I am slowly forgetting the original purpose for the repeating of my public examination. I hope this letter [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] reminds me of the reasons for repeating (What?) and my dream in my life.

In American English we would say 3-18 (March 18).
:)

Got to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.