Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I'm posting one of my rabbit huntings experience during my middle childhood age. Please check for any grammatical errors in order to improve my writing skills and grammar. Please also suggest me to write it in a better way.

When I was at age 10, I usually go for rabbit huntings on Sundays along with my senior colleagues in my village. It was a cloudy day but rainless. We always plan our huntings after a rainy day as rabbits are usually come out from their burrows for foraging at dawn and dusk. It is also easy to track the rabbits toe marks on the surface. We carried our hunting tools such as swords,rods and sticks etc. Since I was the youngest one, my colleagues instructed me to carry hunted rabbits. We also took our trained hunting dogs due to it's abilities of sniffing power and relentless chase. We located rabbits hide-out through some rabbit toe marks. We encircled warrens where we guessed that herd of rabbits were to be resting. We just keep silent and prepared ourselves in a stand-out position with our traditional tools around the warrens at the radius of 35 metres. I was with hunting dogs at the outside of circle.

One of our hunters thrown a stone into warrens to move rabbits out. All rabbits were scared to ran in different directions. Three rabbits were hunted at the inner circle, other two escaped with wounds and ran in zig-zag motion along the edges of the pool. Both of our hunting dogs were pursued upto two miles and an eventually caught those rabbits when tried to hide- out into the another warren. We hunted total 5 rabbits amounting to 20 kg. As per hunting rule "every participants should get an equal shares irrespective of their performances”. I also got my shares amounting to 2.5 kg.

When I returned home, my mother surprised and asked me: Wow! Is this age for hunting? I said: “Mummy,This is just starting. I want to become a police man. This experience definitely would help me to pursue thieves once I joined”. My mother laughed and acclaimed.

This is one of the most pleasant memories in my childhood life.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm posting one of my rabbit hunting[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] (an adjective cannot be plural) experience during my middle childhood age (what do you mean by this? why not state the age?). Please check for any grammatical errors [STRIKE]in order [/STRIKE][STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] so that I can improve my writing skills and grammar. Please also [STRIKE]suggest me[/STRIKE] give me suggestions to write it in a better way.

When I was [STRIKE]at age[/STRIKE] 10, I usually [STRIKE]go[/STRIKE] went for rabbit hunting[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]on Sundays along with my [STRIKE]senior colleagues[/STRIKE] older friends (surely not at the age of 10!) in my village. It was a cloudy but rainless day [STRIKE]but rainless[/STRIKE]. We always planned our [STRIKE]huntings[/STRIKE] hunting trips to be held after a rainy day as rabbits [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] usually [STRIKE]come[/STRIKE] came out from their burrows for foraging at dawn and dusk. It [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was also [STRIKE]easy[/STRIKE] easier to track the rabbit[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] toe [STRIKE]marks[/STRIKE] footprints [STRIKE]on the surface [/STRIKE]on the ground. We carried hunting tools such as swords, rods and sticks etc. Since I was the youngest one, my [STRIKE]colleagues[/STRIKE] friends instructed me to carry [STRIKE]hunted rabbits[/STRIKE] the rabbits caught. We also[STRIKE] took[/STRIKE] brought our trained hunting dogs along [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]it's[/STRIKE] for their abilities of sniffing power and relentless chase. We located the rabbits' hide-out through some rabbit [STRIKE]toe marks[/STRIKE] footprints. We encircled the warrens where we [STRIKE]guessed [/STRIKE] figured [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] a herd of rabbits [STRIKE]were to be resting[/STRIKE] would rest. We just [STRIKE]keep[/STRIKE] kept silent and prepared ourselves in a [STRIKE]stand-out[/STRIKE] spread out (?) position with our traditional tools around the warrens [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] within a radius of 35 metres. I was with the hunting dogs [STRIKE]at the[/STRIKE] outside [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] the circle.

One of our hunters [STRIKE]thrown[/STRIKE] threw a stone into the warren[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]move[/STRIKE] force the rabbits out. All rabbits were scared [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] and ran (scampered) in different directions. Three rabbits were [STRIKE]hunted [/STRIKE][STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] caught in the inner circle, [STRIKE]other[/STRIKE] two wounded ones escaped [STRIKE]with wounds[/STRIKE] and ran in zig-zag motion (staggered) along the edges of the pool. Both of our hunting dogs [STRIKE]were [/STRIKE]pursued the rabbits up to two miles and [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] eventually caught [STRIKE]those rabbits [/STRIKE] them [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE]they tried to [STRIKE]hide- out into[/STRIKE][STRIKE] the [/STRIKE] hide in another warren. We hunted a total 5 rabbits [STRIKE]amounting[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE] weighing 20 kg. As per hunting rule, "every participant[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] should get an equal share[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]irrespective of their performances”. I also got my share[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE][STRIKE]amounting to [/STRIKE] of 2.5 kg.

When I returned home, my mother was surprised and asked me: Wow! Is this [STRIKE]age [/STRIKE] the season for hunting? I said: “Mummy,[STRIKE]This[/STRIKE] The season is just starting. I want to become a police man. This experience definitely would help me to pursue thieves once I joined the police force”. My mother laughed [STRIKE]and acclaimed[/STRIKE] approvingly.

This is one of the most pleasant memories [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE] of my childhood [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE].

not a teacher

Last edited:
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
tedmc, Thanks for your corrections. Now it seems to very nice.

Is this the season for hunting?
Is this age /Is the age for hunting ? Is it grammatically incorrect? I presumed your modification (the season) for better climax, isn't it?

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
tedmc, Thanks for your corrections. Now it seems to very nice.

Is this the season for hunting?
Is this age /Is the age for hunting ? Is it grammatically incorrect? I presumed your modification (the season) for better climax, isn't it?

OK, I misunderstood you. You mean "age" as in "how old" but did not say whose age.
Just say: Are you old enough to go hunting? There should be a minimum age by law, for people to go hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.