Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi all,
I am about to do a research and need a bit of comments or ideas. I have decided to do a descriptive research on "the effect of child birth order on learning a foreign language" or I am wondering how can I do the research on "impacts of being an only child on the process of learning a foreign language" [I mean how it may differ from ones who has siblings]

Do you think it can be a good topic for a research? Do you have any ideas for me to start my process? In fact I'm interested in such topics and need a bit of advice.
I would appreciate every help.

4elsik

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
How did you come up with these titles? Is there already a research you can refer to while working on either of the suggested? Otherwise, you would have to spend many years who knows for what. I just have no clue how these very titles have anything to do with learning language.

yasin.kh

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
How did you come up with these titles? Is there already a research you can refer to while working on either of the suggested? Otherwise, you would have to spend many years who knows for what. I just have no clue how these very titles have anything to do with learning language.

I have found some articles regarding relationship between birth order and learning a language, moreover I have some students in my classes who are only child in their family and it was so interesting for me finding out whether the process of learning a foreign language may be different for them or not because of having no other siblings. by the way I have talked to my university supervisor about this title and it was a good choice as he said but I need to come up with something practical that is why I raised this question.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Have you noticed any differences between the only children and the others?

4elsik

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I have talked to my university supervisor about this title and it was a good choice as he said but I need to come up with something practical that is why I raised this question.
Sorry, but wasn't he joking? :) He must have had some ideas in mind to approve either of them.

Anyway, I just recalled this research, and on the web-site you can try looking for what you need.

When you are finished with the research don't forget to share it here. Would be interesting to take a look at it.

yasin.kh

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Sorry, but wasn't he joking? :) He must have had some ideas in mind to approve either of them.

Anyway, I just recalled this research, and on the web-site you can try looking for what you need.

When you are finished with the research don't forget to share it here. Would be interesting to take a look at it.

tnx for the link but I couldn't find any relevance, actually I am searching for relevant articles and books for getting data for my research.

yasin.kh

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Have you noticed any differences between the only children and the others?

I am afraid not, but theoretically speaking there seems to be some differences considering the factors such as motivation but I am seeking to find any empirical reason.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If it's just theoretical and you haven't noticed any difference, then it doesn't look like there is much practical to research from your experience at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.