Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi! Please comment on my referral letter practice. Thank You very Much !

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to refer Mr. X, a 54 year old man who has hypertension and congestive cardiac failure. He needs your ongoing monitoring as he and his wife are going to move to a self-contained unit in the Lake Retirement Village in Bannockburn.

Mr. X has attended our community health centre from 2001 to 2010. He is married with three children and he now lives with his wife. He has been drinking heavily for the past 30 years. He also has smoked 40 cigarettes a day for 35 years. As resents by his children, he claims that he will try to quit smoke and reduce alcohol consumption once he moves into the new unit.

His current medications include diuretics, antihypertensive drugs, vasodilators and bronchodilators. We have been monitoring his drug compliance regularly. It would be grateful if you can continue to monitor his medication and diet compliance. In addition to medications, please also encourage him to quit smoke as well as alcohol. It would be also appropriate to suggest him some moderate regular exercise. Finally, he definitely needs to establish a regular contact with a sympathetic medical practitioner.

Please contact me if you have further queries about Mr. X’s case.

Yours faithfully,

XXX

patkylie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
"His current medications include diuretics, antihypertensive drugs, vasodilators and bronchodilators."
You should mention the drug names.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
"As resents by his children, he claims that"