Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
I have a public insurance adjustment company that also perform analytics functions for the insurance and construction fields. Please advise on which of the following is a more accurate form for the business name:

XYZ, Inc.
Adjustment & Analytics

or

XYZ, Inc.
Adjustments & Analytics

I know that "Analytics" is always plural in its nature of the business analytics context, and "Adjustment" in terms of Public Adjustment, Insurance Adjustment, etc., are usually not. Most adjustment companies are using the form ABC Adjustment, Inc., ABC Adjustment Group, Inc., The Adjustment Company, etc.

However, When using in the same line/sentence, shouldn't it be kept consistent by pluraling both words?

Thank you for your time and consideration in assisting me with this.

SageBear

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
Adjustment OR Adjustments?

I have a public insurance adjustment company that also performs analytics functions for the insurance and construction fields. Please advise on which of the following is a more accurate form for the business name:

XYZ, Inc.
Adjustment & Analytics

or

XYZ, Inc.
Adjustments & Analytics

I know that "Analytics" is always plural in its nature of the business analytics context, and "Adjustment" in terms of Public Adjustment, Insurance Adjustment, etc., are usually not. Most adjustment companies are using the form ABC Adjustment, Inc., ABC Adjustment Group, Inc., The Adjustment Company, etc.

However, When using in the same line/sentence, shouldn't it be kept consistent by pluraling both words?

Thank you for your time and consideration in assisting me with this.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: Adjustment OR Adjustments?

Grammar is not an important factor in the choice of corporate names, which is really a question of marketing. You should choose the name that will best help you sell your service, without regard to grammar.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Probus is right, it's entirely up to you.

I agree with your hunch that pluralizing both would be better. You'll make more than one adjustment in the course of your career, so it would be accurate and - as you seem to suspect - sound better, too.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If "Adjustment" is the general term within your industry and "Analytics" is the general term within your industry, then it's perfectly fine to use them that way. Consistency (in some contexts) is not obligatory.

Note that "perform" (in your first sentence) should be "performs" - it refers back to your company (singular).

SageBear

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States

You're right Charlie. On a new pass at it, it does sound better. Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I have merged your two identical threads. Please don't post duplicate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.