Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    abrilsp Guest

    Default Some feedback please

    Hi :)

    How is the text below?

    "Kevin, today is a very important day for you. I understand that you are a bit worried about going to school today. I know how you feel; it is the very first day of you going to a place where you do not know what to expect. You do not need to be worried whatsoever; it should be an excited day. It is normal for you feeling a bit anxious, but I am sure you will be fine during your time there. You should think of it, as the start of a new and interesting world; it is the door to new experiences and friends, something that will follow for the rest of your life.
    Probably your main concern is that you do not know anyone, but the rest of the twenty students joining you are in the same position. At school, you will have an amazing time; you will play and learn. When you grow older, you will think of it as one of the best time of your life."

    Thanks a lot,
    abrilsp

  2. #2
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Some feedback please

    Quote Originally Posted by abrilsp
    Kevin, today is a very important day for you. I understand that you are a bit worried about going to school today.
    That is good, but you will need to simplify the next sentence.

    Quote Originally Posted by abrilsp
    I know how you feel; it is the very first day of you going to a place where you do not know what to expect.
    You need to simplify that. Try:
    • I know how you feel. You have never been to school before, and you don't know what to expect.


    More later.

    :)

  3. #3
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Some feedback please

    Quote Originally Posted by abrilsp
    You do not need to be worried whatsoever; it should be an excited day. It is normal for you feeling a bit anxious, but I am sure you will be fine during your time there.
    You need to simplify that a little. Try:
    • You do not need to be worried whatsoever; it should be an exciting day. It is normal for you feeling a bit anxious, but I am sure you will do fine.


    Quote Originally Posted by abrilsp
    You should think of it, as the start of a new and interesting world; it is the door to new experiences and friends, something that will follow for the rest of your life.
    • You should think of it as a new an interesting world. You will have new experiences and make new friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by abrilsp
    Probably your main concern is that you do not know anyone, but the rest of the twenty students joining you are in the same position. At school, you will have an amazing time; you will play and learn. When you grow older, you will think of it as one of the best time of your life.
    Probably your main concern is that you do not know anyone who will be at the school, but the rest of the twenty students who will be there are in the same situation. Some day you will look back on kindergarten as one of the best times of your life.

    What do you think?

    :)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some feedback
    By squino in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-Jun-2004, 03:01
  2. I would like to have feedback for my broken English !!!
    By HardRock in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2003, 01:15
  3. I hope I get a constructive feedback .
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2003, 22:07
  4. some feedback please
    By abrilsp in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2003, 19:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk