Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Israel
Can you please check the following letter (grammer, vocabulary etc.):

Hello PHET,

I am writing to request further information about Clifton college. My son (14 years old) is interested in learning there next year. But before I send him there, I would like clarification of the following details:

Firstly, are there pupils in the school who come from Israel? Because one of my biggest concerns is - how will my child survive alone in a foreign country? Do you know any pupils who came to the school from Israel without any family in the UK?

Secondly, I am concerned about the language. Although our family lived in the UK for several years while he was young, he doesn't have excellent English.Do you think he can handle it? Based on previous cases?

Yours sincerely,

Ronit -------

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hello PHET,

I am writing to request for further information about Clifton college. My son (14 years old) is interested [STRIKE]in learning[/STRIKE] to study there next year. But before I send him there, I would like clarification of the following details:

Firstly, are there pupils in the school who come from Israel? Because one of my biggest concerns is - how will my child survive alone in a foreign country? Do you know any pupils who [STRIKE]came[/STRIKE] has come to the school from Israel without any family in the UK?

Secondly, I am concerned about him learning the language. Although our family lived in the UK for several years while he was young, he [STRIKE]doesn't have excellent[/STRIKE] is not very good in English.Do you think he can handle it based on [STRIKE]previous cases[/STRIKE] your experience?

Yours sincerely,

Ronit -------

not a teacher

roeyzaw1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Israel
Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button which appears in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.